Visual mods, but vanilla gameplay.

Madmarshman

I can confirm the following make my old laptop go on strike and start picketing:

EVE, Scatterer (or SVE which contains both), distant object enhancement, astronomers visual pack, planet shine, window shine, restock for parts retexturing, waterfall improves engine fx. Texture Replacer has replacement suits, skyboxes and others bits. There’s probably some major one I’ve forgotten as well.

I’m not sure how up to date they all are for 1.11.2 (planet shine & texture replacer work) but the relative threads will have the answer I’m sure (also it’s usually easier to google “KSP eve” or whichever you’re searching for rather than use the search on the forum).

Edit: just noticed you said all in one sorry. Well they’ll all be in the same folder (GameData) if any consolation :D 

Edited by Guest
Didn’t read the question properly AGAIN

1 hour ago, FruitGoose said:

I can confirm the following make my old laptop go on strike and start picketing:

EVE, Scatterer (or SVE which contains both), distant object enhancement, astronomers visual pack, planet shine, window shine, restock for parts retexturing, waterfall improves engine fx. Texture Replacer has replacement suits, skyboxes and others bits. There’s probably some major one I’ve forgotten as well.

I’m not sure how up to date they all are for 1.11.2 (planet shine & texture replacer work) but the relative threads will have the answer I’m sure (also it’s usually easier to google “KSP eve” or whichever you’re searching for rather than use the search on the forum).

Edit: just noticed you said all in one sorry. Well they’ll all be in the same folder (GameData) if any consolation :D 

Thanks for the reply, I installed 'spectra' this evening, it seems to be behaving nicely. Restock sounds interesting for the parts, thanks.

2 hours ago, Madmarshman said:

Thanks for the reply, I installed 'spectra' this evening, it seems to be behaving nicely. Restock sounds interesting for the parts, thanks.

:o glad to hear it's been working well! If your performance ever gets impacted you can uninstall Scatterer for a performance boost. I'm a sticker for vanilla gameplay/non-part mods myself, and being honest that was part of the reason I started on Spectra; to be able to play a more beautiful version of the original game. For more freedom you can always play sandbox mode, too.

I also highly recommend ReStock; I had a small bit of feedback into some things on it and the modders who created are geniuses in their own right. It looks beautiful :)

5 hours ago, HafCoJoe said:

:o glad to hear it's been working well! If your performance ever gets impacted you can uninstall Scatterer for a performance boost. I'm a sticker for vanilla gameplay/non-part mods myself, and being honest that was part of the reason I started on Spectra; to be able to play a more beautiful version of the original game. For more freedom you can always play sandbox mode, too.

I also highly recommend ReStock; I had a small bit of feedback into some things on it and the modders who created are geniuses in their own right. It looks beautiful :)

I installed restock, and it's definitely staying, although I did also install another restock mod that added 'missing parts'. I'm doing a science play through, and all the extra parts felt a bit cheaty, so I will remove that one mod for now. Thanks for the advice about performance, no one likes a game to run badly, but I have a fairly strong pc and all seems good right now.

1 hour ago, Madmarshman said:

I installed restock, and it's definitely staying, although I did also install another restock mod that added 'missing parts'. I'm doing a science play through, and all the extra parts felt a bit cheaty, so I will remove that one mod for now. Thanks for the advice about performance, no one likes a game to run badly, but I have a fairly strong pc and all seems good right now.

Sounds good :) I was spoiled when I first started playing as it was a sandbox only game dive career mode want added yet. As a result I always feel too limited than my own enjoyment allows if I play career/science mode. Instead I do a weird hybrid I call Science-box where I start a science mode save and unlock all the whole tech-tree at the beginning, that way it plays like sandbox but you still can collect science as sort of a 'scoreboard', the end goal being to collect all science reports in the game. I've been on hiatus for a time now, though, but I still check the forum most every day.

1 hour ago, HafCoJoe said:

Sounds good :) I was spoiled when I first started playing as it was a sandbox only game dive career mode want added yet. As a result I always feel too limited than my own enjoyment allows if I play career/science mode. Instead I do a weird hybrid I call Science-box where I start a science mode save and unlock all the whole tech-tree at the beginning, that way it plays like sandbox but you still can collect science as sort of a 'scoreboard', the end goal being to collect all science reports in the game. I've been on hiatus for a time now, though, but I still check the forum most every day.

I bought the game in 2013, played for a bit, as you said in sandbox, landed crewed missions on mum and minmus, built a basic station to practice docking on, then didn't play for 7 years. I downloaded the latest version a couple of weeks ago and been getting into it again. I'm enjoying the challenge of a limited but growing parts list.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.