Signal delay

Hello, Im trying to make KSP as close to real life as possible, and one big gamechanger is signal delay.

Ive seen mods like Remotechs that adds signal delay on commands only, but I'm searching for a mod that would also add delay to the mission control. In other word, said rover on its way to duna, from the tracking station you would see its position delayed, so if you were to take control of the ship it would be farther than what you see in the tracking station. That way you'll have the delayed position, as well as delayed commands to the ship.

That would make a very close to real life gameplay, since you'll probably have to script a landing sequence with kOS for exemple into the vessel and all you can do is wait and monitor, with a delay, evrything from the tracking station, like in real life.

Maybe also add to that cameras, again theres already mods that add cameras, but imagine these would send their footage and we would recieve them with a delay, evrything would have already happened. And going to spectate the ship would kind of be the cheat-way of looking in real time at what is happening, but wouldn't be able to to control it, since commands are issued from the KSC, or a remote guidance unit, and delay will be inforce.

Sounds pretty niche, like Mission Control Simulator. I can’t see it appealing to many players tbh as I think many would rather play the game ‘live’ and control the vessel rather than watch a little blip on a screen moving about. But then there’s plenty of mods that appeal to others that don’t to me so who knows?

22 hours ago, ElioSaade said:

And going to spectate the ship would kind of be the cheat-way of looking in real time at what is happening

It's an interesting idea. Sort of breaks down right at that point though. That's a whole lot of programming effort to stop/prevent many of the game's basic mechanisms... just to then still allow ways around it.

Not sure anyone would want to go through all the trouble making a mod that would in essence be self-defeating. But who knows... there's some pretty crazy mods out there.

Welcome to the forum!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.