Have these challenges been set before?

Hi. Just wondering if these challenges have been set before.

1: Driving up every building in the stock KSC without flying. I have done this using "Breaking Ground" parts.

2:Racing from as close as you can get to the highest point on Kerbin to the lowest point (under the ocean) in the shortest possible time without flying.

This is a challenge I am setting myself. I am happy for people to change vehicles along the way. Something tough to get down the mountain. something fast to drive to the closest coastal point. A boat to get to the ocean coordinates and then fillable ballast tanks to sink.  If you have Breaking ground" and 1.9.1 compatible Kerbals (eg wearing RCS pack and kit) I can provide a simple config file to add to Deployed science to add an inventory item found in the "Cargo" category that when equipped in the Kerbals inventory will allow them to walk on the Ocean floor without floating up. (Helmets on)

Pre parking vehicles to swap to. Is fine.

No flying machines.

If your Kerbal dies on route you have to start again

A pic at the begining that shows time and height.

A pic at the end that shows time and depth.

A couple of metres leeway so people don't waste time trying to get dead on.

Hope this fulfills the guidelines and hasn't already been done.

All the coordinate data can be found on forum.

If  anybody is interested, in  1.91 I found that subs suffer crush depth damage if they touch down at -1391 metres but a free diving Kerbal can survive.5KRxVYZ.png

Edited by ColdJ
New info

5 hours ago, dnbattley said:

Sounds a fun challenge. I made a rover that was designed to drive up walls a while back, but the speed element of the challenge certainly adds a new twist...

https://youtu.be/oxdzuN80AbI

Cool but how did you transition from horizontal to vertical?

KSP / Unity wheels are physically sticks with a slippery drive end. Like running around on the end of a ballpoint pen. You can't even drive over the close to the ground pipes near the launch pad.

I do it by having wheels on a rotor, the wheels are basically like the spokes of a paddle wheel.

https://kerbalx.com/ColdJ/APC-Mini-Wall-Hugger-KX

Thats is 1 of the last iterations that I use to climb everything.

Thanks for commenting though. I was starting to think I should just delete the challenge from lack of interest.

• 1 month later...