Science Experiments and the KAL

For a while, science experiments would show you details, such as speed, gravity, air pressure, and temperature, however there is no way to use these. I propose allowing a user with the Breaking Ground DLC to map these things to a KAL by setting the min max of these data values and allow the KAL to use these inputs to output something else, like the angle of a hinge, deploy sequences, ect. 

That's essentially what the SmartParts mod does (for example triggering parachutes once you're below a preset altitude).   Works pretty well and comes in handy, especially if you play with the "signal required for control" option. 

It would be nice to have that kind of functionality in BG - and by being more generic, working through the KAL it could provide even more options than SmartParts does

2 hours ago, BeanCan27 said:

For a while, science experiments would show you details, such as speed, gravity, air pressure, and temperature, however there is no way to use these. I propose allowing a user with the Breaking Ground DLC to map these things to a KAL by setting the min max of these data values and allow the KAL to use these inputs to output something else, like the angle of a hinge, deploy sequences, ect. 

I think that's a great idea!

It would make the parachute settings more usable.

Welcome to the forum!

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.