Iconic B5 - A Lightweight Amphibious Aircraft

This is totally great.

I think I'm running into a weird bug with the KAL, though -- none of the flight/prop controls (aside from the elevator pitch adjustment servo) were bound to the KAL or other default controls.

I really want to fly this thing around!  I'll take some screenshots to see if there's anything I'm doing wrong, but I think there's a weird bug I'm triggering where KAL playlists will get dropped.

13 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

This is totally great.

I think I'm running into a weird bug with the KAL, though -- none of the flight/prop controls (aside from the elevator pitch adjustment servo) were bound to the KAL or other default controls.

I really want to fly this thing around!  I'll take some screenshots to see if there's anything I'm doing wrong, but I think there's a weird bug I'm triggering where KAL playlists will get dropped.

Yeah, I just read your comment on kerbalx! I can only put 500 characters in kerbalx, so I had to drop some of my reply. I can't seem to replicate the issue! I downloaded the craft again myself and had all the KAL entries, but I can make a list of the values so you can replicate them yourself! I will edit this post once I have them ready.

To the rest of the community: Does anyone else experience these problems as well?

EDIT:

Enter the data like this:

BlMV6cD.jpg

KAL-1000:
length: 3.0 seconds

Entries:

Elevator Auto-Trim:
Servo --> Target Angle
0:0   1:-3,5    1,5:-2,5    2:-2,5    3:-2,35

Engine Left:
Light Duty Rotor --> Torque Limit (%)
0:0   0,05:100   3:100

Engine Right:
Light Duty Rotor --> Torque Limit (%)
0:0   0,05:100   3:100

Elevator Sensitivity:
Winglet --> Authority Limiter
0:100   3:12

Aileron Sensitivity:
Elevon 1 --> Authority Limiter
0:100   3:15

Prop Blades Left:
Propeller Blade type B --> deploy angle
0:0   3:35

Prop Blades Left:
Propeller Blade type B --> deploy angle
0:0   3:35

And under Main Throttle select the KAL-1000 'play position' function

Last but not least, check that the propellers have the 'deploy' button pressed.

------------------

This way you should be able to make a working plane :)

I disabled all my mods except for the DLC as well now, and it worked just fine again.. I'm not sure what causes this problem

Let me know how it goes!

Edited by Janus92
added data

SUCCESS!

Okay --after looking at it again this morning and cleaning up my sandbox-sandbox game a bit, I can guess that it's Ferram Aerospace that's messing up all of the automation curves. Clearly any control surface effects are going to get deleted by FAR, and I'll assume that's why the rotor controls were dumped as well (they also use the 'deploy' feature...).

I seem to recall a bunch of other issues with the KAL-1000 nuking parts of playlists on craft reload, etc. but in this case it's FAR. [I really love making planes with FAR, but it's becoming increasingly  less tenable to continue using it in career games... :( ]

Just another tiny note about an extra module: tweakscale. I don't think any parts are 'tweaked' but it flags the craft with a missing module warning if it's not installed.

2 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

SUCCESS!

Okay --after looking at it again this morning and cleaning up my sandbox-sandbox game a bit, I can guess that it's Ferram Aerospace that's messing up all of the automation curves. Clearly any control surface effects are going to get deleted by FAR, and I'll assume that's why the rotor controls were dumped as well (they also use the 'deploy' feature...).

I seem to recall a bunch of other issues with the KAL-1000 nuking parts of playlists on craft reload, etc. but in this case it's FAR. [I really love making planes with FAR, but it's becoming increasingly  less tenable to continue using it in career games... :( ]

Just another tiny note about an extra module: tweakscale. I don't think any parts are 'tweaked' but it flags the craft with a missing module warning if it's not installed.

Great that you found out the issue!  I hope you can enjoy the craft now! I'm still busy landing on every lake I can find, haha.

Thanks for letting me know! Indeed no parts are getting tweakscaled, but I accidentally had the mod there when I saved the craft. Fixed now! ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.