Blueprints for Crafts

Reinhart Mk.1

Hi I have built something I am personally impressed by and I've seen a few players created these complex blueprints via photoshop but unfortunately i'm not able to get photoshop at this particular moment. I am, however, using GIMP and I know I can achieve this but I'm having problems with how to layer images onto a blueprint background. I realize this is probably the wrong section but I had no idea where else to post it. Any/all tips would be appreciated!! :)

I know it’s free and some swear by it but the best thing you can do is ditch GIMP. It’s, in my opinion, the single worst, most unintuitive program ever to grace a computer screen.

Try Paint.net which is also free but has a clean interface, layers and plenty of help on the net. It can also open/convert .dds images which even photoshop needs a plugin for.

6 hours ago, Reinhart Mk.1 said:

Hi I have built something I am personally impressed by and I've seen a few players created these complex blueprints via photoshop but unfortunately i'm not able to get photoshop at this particular moment.

Try the mod Kronal Vessel Viewer:

1 hour ago, FruitGoose said:

I know it’s free and some swear by it but the best thing you can do is ditch GIMP. It’s, in my opinion, the single worst, most unintuitive program ever to grace a computer screen.

This. It takes literally years to work GIMP, even then you haven't mastered it.

40 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

This. Or if you feel you have to try a paint style program, give PINTA a shot.

2 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

Paint.net is windows only.

I always assume someone’s using windows if they don’t say anything as, like vegans, they usually tell you first if they’re not :D

2 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Ditto on this.. I was gonna suggest this, too

You could also take a look @ Krita...it has MacOS & Linux distros

Edited by Stone Blue

15 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Of course, I'm already past this point though. I've downloaded it and have some files but this is more of a photo editing issue, I don't really know how to mesh the images onto another image. I was looking for someone more savvy in that area

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.