(WIP) (KSP 1.11x) Xamion a planet far beyond Eeloo

2 hours ago, Weak Player said:

UPDATE :
FIXING BROKEN TERRAIN BUG

USING DDS
and a better normal map

Yes, but it's not neccessary to post every little bug fix. Just update it and that's it, you don't need to post about it. I understand if you post about a big update, but I can live without these.

Pretty cool little mod, but I have a few critiques :
1st: Xamion gravity doesn't seem right, For a planet that is 18000km in size, it should have a much higher gravity than 1.25g . I suggest either lowering the radius or increasing the gravity.(I would go with the former though as if you Have a world with too high of a gravity it won't be fun to return from.

2nd: The Scatterer doesn't really work. I have looked at your configs and it seems that only Rostea has its own scatterer cfg. I suggest adding one to all the other objects that you want to have scatterer on. Also you can use the ScattererTool(located in the main scatterer thread) to help you with the scatterer. Also you should add or copy the Shader folder from scatterer into your own mods scatterer to work.(At least thats how I think it makes it function)

hope this helps(and doesn't sound too rude)

Edited by Cyrus Playz

3 hours ago, Cyrus Playz said:

Pretty cool little mod, but I have a few critiques :
1st: Xamion gravity doesn't seem right, For a planet that is 18000km in size, it should have a much higher gravity than 1.25g . I suggest either lowering the radius or increasing the gravity.(I would go with the former though as if you Have a world with too high of a gravity it won't be fun to return from.

2nd: The Scatterer doesn't really work. I have looked at your configs and it seems that only Rostea has its own scatterer cfg. I suggest adding one to all the other objects that you want to have scatterer on. Also you can use the ScattererTool(located in the main scatterer thread) to help you with the scatterer. Also you should add or copy the Shader folder from scatterer into your own mods scatterer to work.(At least thats how I think it makes it function)

Thank you!
also the scatterer was not supposed to be there 
and i will make it 9000 km but im currently working on a better terrain texture version
cuz the terrain is pretty broken

1 hour ago, ShuttlePilot said:

I want to hear "cause" from you instead of "cuz"

Because, cuz cause and because are three separate words cuz. :joy:

Please update your thread when you're done with it, would like to see how it's progressing @Weak Player

10 hours ago, Weak Player said:

and i will make it 9000 km but im currently working on a better terrain texture version

That still seem a bit large( its 1.5 times the size of Jool) But I have read the info and it seems that being giant is and integeral part of the design so you can keep it if you want.

Also I can help with texturing.

I don't really have a modding discord but I think that this one can help you out and I am in it as well.

6 minutes ago, Weak Player said:

and you know jool has less ASL gravity than kerbin soo 

Also thats normal for gas giants, not for terrestrial planets( also having 18000km radius with make any ship blowing from heating when slaming into the atmo at 5000+m per second)

Edited by Cyrus Playz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm reviewing this for addition to CKAN now.

There are conflicting indications about the license terms.

This forum thread:  Oj1z9gC.png

SpaceDock:   RnqYQoM.png

This does not contain "ND", so it would allow derivative works. However, in License.txt in the download:

(CC-BY-NC) 2021, "Weak player"

"Xamion", nor the name of this project may be used in a derivative work without permission.

Mod under Creative Commons licence : 
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0)
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/

----------------------------------------------------
This means you cannot
Redistribute my work
Build upon my work 
Make your own version
-------------------
You must mention me
You must share every copy of your work to me

The "(CC BY-NC 4.0)" bit and the link are missing the ND, which again would allow derivative works. But you did add "NoDerivatives" to the long license string, and you said twice in words that you don't want derivative works. So I will put CC-BY-NC-ND-4.0 in CKAN now, but it would be good to clear these other spots up so no one mistakenly thinks they can make derivative works.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.