Will KSC be editable?

6 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Just wondering with the innovation of the BAE that perhaps will this also be able to edit KSC or add new buildings to it.

Like moving the buildings? 

Just now, mcwaffles2003 said:

Yeah, or deleting them, or adding more launchpads/runways/boat launches. 

I wonder. Because in some pre-alpha footage of KSP2 we saw multiple launchpads and runways. So maybe?

3 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

That's a neat idea. Expanding the home space center could even serve as a form of tutorial for later colonization mechanics.

Kind of what I was thinking... though if you delete the VAB and SPH while having no cash.... that could be a bad time

1 hour ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Kind of what I was thinking... though if you delete the VAB and SPH while having no cash.... that could be a bad time

If they allow editing of the KSC, I bet those two buildings would be off limits for editing. You will kind of need them for awhile. 

On 4/17/2021 at 9:38 AM, K^2 said:

Now I want there to be a hidden launch facility in the woods made out of gingerbread.

First time you use it it's a bit doughy second a bit toasty, third just dust.

1 hour ago, mattinoz said:

First time you use it it's a bit doughy second a bit toasty, third just dust.

I haven't even considered the possibility of it starting out uncooked. But now I'm thinking that it depends on size of the rocket. Like, with the smallest ones, maybe it takes a few launches to even cook through.

Which brings up a serious question. I wonder if we'll have any parts of colonies or KSC that require rebuilding due to wear-and-tear. In KSP we already had a possibility of crashing into KSP buildings and having to rebuild them. But it was always the same building in the same location. With base-building, it seems reasonable that you might rebuild differently. And given that you can rebuild things, maybe certain structures have limited lifespan? Maybe instead of a hard limit on rocket size for a launch pad, you could go a bit over the limit, but then you have to repair/rebuild after some number of launches?

Too complex for main game? Mod territory, perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...

In KSP 1, one of my favourite things to do is fly around Kerbin and role-play setting up a base / infrastructure to expand my space program (and civilisation by extension).

I'd be very surprised if we don't have the ability to create additional launch centres around Kerbin, imagine a mountain-top launchpad to save Delta-v (especially on Eve)! Or even just at the north/south pole, or in the middle of the giant crater - because it's cool!

4 hours ago, Nirgal said:

I'd be very surprised if we don't have the ability to create additional launch centres around Kerbin, imagine a mountain-top launchpad to save Delta-v (especially on Eve)! Or even just at the north/south pole, or in the middle of the giant crater - because it's cool!

Yes you will, but you would be using the colony system for that. The KSC itself would more than likely be a static location.

20 hours ago, Nirgal said:

We will, with colonies being able to launch rockets, but at that point I don't think I'll add any new launch center down the well, Mun or Minmus sounds a lot better and I want to feel the difference of having to design Mun or Minmus orbital rockets (no atmosphere = pre-fairing asparagus monster KSP Beta look).

58 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

Whats funny is Ive been playing since 2013 and Ive never scanned kerbin for ore. 

Lol, that's the first thing I did when MKS added resources to be collected.