Hello everyone, and am I in the right place?

Professor What

Hello, everyone. I came across this forum as a result of a Google search, and it looks like an interesting place, regardless of whether or not it fits the specific thing I'm asking about here. I think it will probably work for a project I'm working on, based on what I've seen in surfing around a little, but I don't want to just jump in with it if it's not.

I'm working on building some star systems and races for them, and I'm trying to work out some details of the planets and the races that live on them, and I'm wondering if this is a good place to put those ideas out. If it's not, no problem. I won't be upset, and I suspect I'll still hang around because the forum looks interesting. Thanks!

Hi there!

If you need help with setting up realistic star systems, this is a good place to ask. There are some freakishly smart people here (yours truly not one of them) and they are willing to help.

There are also quite a few well read folks around, so you may expect help with the fiction part of SF as well.

Ask away!

4 hours ago, Professor What said:

Hello, everyone. I came across this forum as a result of a Google search, and it looks like an interesting place, regardless of whether or not it fits the specific thing I'm asking about here. I think it will probably work for a project I'm working on, based on what I've seen in surfing around a little, but I don't want to just jump in with it if it's not.

I'm working on building some star systems and races for them, and I'm trying to work out some details of the planets and the races that live on them, and I'm wondering if this is a good place to put those ideas out. If it's not, no problem. I won't be upset, and I suspect I'll still hang around because the forum looks interesting. Thanks!

You may be surprised that questions may have already been answered.

People here know I have asked a few in my time.

And yeah...these here KNOW what they are talking about. Can calculate anything you throw at them....for fun.

Sometimes calcs are off but someone else will usually correct later.

Edited by Spacescifi

On 4/16/2021 at 2:07 AM, Professor What said:

I'm working on building some star systems and races for them, and I'm trying to work out some details of the planets and the races that live on them, and I'm wondering if this is a good place to put those ideas out.

I think you can start making a thread in Science and Spaceflight. We have engineers and scientist from various fields here...

On 4/15/2021 at 3:07 PM, Professor What said:

If it's not, no problem. I won't be upset, and I suspect I'll still hang around because the forum looks interesting. Thanks!

Hey, welcome aboard!!!  You are absolutely more than welcome to hang out!  Whether you end up playing KSP or not, I still think you'll find this one of the most friendly and helpful forums on the internet!  :happy:

On 4/15/2021 at 10:07 PM, Professor What said:

I'm working on building some star systems and races for them, and I'm trying to work out some details of the planets and the races that live on them, and I'm wondering if this is a good place to put those ideas out. If it's not, no problem. I won't be upset, and I suspect I'll still hang around because the forum looks interesting

Welcome, Professor What! Welcome to the forums!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.