Low aerobrake challenge!

The challenge is: get as low as possible in Kerbins atmosphere while still getting back into space (above 70 km)!

submit 2 screenshots (or a video). one showing the your lowest reached altitude (your score) and one showing your orbit once out of the atmosphere with apoapsis clearly visible.

Rules:
1. you can come in at any speed you want, but not faster than a Kerbol/Sun escape trajectory.
2. visual, informatical and autopilot mods and DLC's, yes! part mods and physics altering mods, no!
3. normal mode or harder, and no cheats (you can use cheats or mods to get to your starting orbit).
4. once inside the atmosphere, you are not allowed to use any form of propulsion. RCS is allowed, but only for attitude control.
5. there has to be at least 1 kerbal or more on the craft. if there are more they ALL have to survive. damage to any other part of the craft doesn't matter.
6. minor part clipping is allowed, as long as it doesn't break any other of these rules.
7. Kerbin boring? try Eve or Jool!

leaderboard:

Spoiler

no one yet, be the first!

special credit to @camacju who wen into NEGATIVE values on Jool!!! this is a leaderboard for Kerbin and i changed rule 6 so he wont get on it but still very cool!

if you have any questions, just ask! and good luck...

Edited by minerbat

7 hours ago, minerbat said:

6. any glitches, aerodynamic trickery or part clipping is allowed, as long as it doesn't break any other of these rules.

This makes the entire challenge trivial. Here's a Jool dive orbit using service bay stacking:
28SugMB.png

Jool orbit - periapsis below Jool surface

R9cupMO.png

Reentry heating 120%

nzri5RE.png

Descent

K21WeBA.png

Periapsis

Ucp1ZYd.png

Ascent

rQxFkoQ.png

When you put two service bays on opposite sides of the root part and offset them into one another, each bay will occlude the other one, so they'll be both occluded. Additionally everything inside either bay will be occluded

So you have a dragless and heat-proof craft

edit: It seems mr. duckweed has ninja'd me

Edited by camacju

ok i didn't know about that. when i made that rule i was more thinking about the fact that you can make heatshields that don't cause drag but stil protect or clip a lot of ore tanks together for a lot of mass. didn't think this was possible...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.