Show and Tell - Pol terrain work

StarSlay3r

1 hour ago, KSPStar said:

Welcome to Pol, Jool's patchwork moon. The Mun may be made of cheese, but Pol is made of at least four kinds of cheese, some of which may no longer be edible. Courtesy of environment artists Jordan Pack and Sung Campbell.

I got adcited to the video, Watching every hour.

28 minutes ago, Nate Simpson said:

Busted! The shot at the end is a scaled space asset showcase - i.e. the artist just spun it in a random direction to test lighting. Pol in-game has the same orbital properties as in the original game. Good catch, though!

Thanks @Nate Simpson !

1 hour ago, KSPStar said:

Welcome to Pol, Jool's patchwork moon. The Mun may be made of cheese, but Pol is made of at least four kinds of cheese, some of which may no longer be edible. Courtesy of environment artists Jordan Pack and Sung Campbell.

Why is it so wet lookin?

4 minutes ago, Abducted_Cow said:

Why is it so wet lookin?

If I were to to hazard a guess Pol is modeled after moons like Neptune's Larissa and Proteus that were likely formed by the accretion of heterogenous debris. This makes it an undifferentiated, jumbled amalgam of ice and rock. 

2 hours ago, KSPStar said:

I'm speechless.

That looks amazing.:heart_eyes:

I now will have a reason to visit Pol! Also I really hope the other planets have visuals as amazing as this!

Also this post was just in time for my birthday! Thanks KSP2 team!:happy:

56 minutes ago, KSPStar said:

We do actually, we just post them on the forum and subreddit first. Twitter/Facebook/Instagram goes up a few days later. 

They like us better!:cool:

Edited by Kerminator K-100

Sorry to be that guy but I wanted to let you guys know that there is a small visual glitch at 0:17 that shows up for a few frames.

Spoiler

Here there is no glitch

kYcKO1J.png

Now there is one (circled in red)

WcVmOmq.png

And now its gone again

FIKU7AN.png

Also another one shows up too (circled in red)

vKj0dLZ.png

I don't know what it is or if it could even be a problem but I wanted to just let you know. Sorry for bothering you if it isn't a big deal.

Edited by Kerminator K-100

i think it looks great! but some feedback: i think pol should be more dusty and rocky, and not icy and shiny. this fits a place like vall or eeloo better. also, why did you decide to showcase pol first out of all places?

1 minute ago, minerbat said:

i think it looks great! but some feedback: i think pol should be more dusty and rocky, and not icy and shiny. this fits a place like vall or eeloo better. also, why did you decide to showcase pol first out of all places?

They teased Jool, and we got Pol. I am not complaining, I am happy, but its a good point. 

1 hour ago, whatsupsevensup said:

jesus, this is really good looking, makes me even more excited for what other planets and moons will look like

Stay tuned for more Show and Tells! Also, welcome to the forum! :)

1 hour ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

Sorry to be that guy but I wanted to let you guys know that there is a small visual glitch at 0:17 that shows up for a few frames.

Hide contents

Here there is no glitch

kYcKO1J.png

Now there is one (circled in red)

WcVmOmq.png

And now its gone again

FIKU7AN.png

Also another one shows up too (circled in red)

vKj0dLZ.png

I don't know what it is or if it could even be a problem but I wanted to just let you know. Sorry for bothering you if it isn't a big deal.

Please keep in mind that everything that is seen in these Show and Tell posts is still a work in progress.  :)  

1 hour ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

Also this post was just in time for my birthday! Thanks KSP2 team!:happy:

Wooo! Happy birthday Kerminator! 

Not bad, even better is the parallax mod for KSP 1. But for the game, such a shine will be inconvenient, it will light up the craft. In general, I'm not sure that somewhere in the world there are such sparkling places.

I think the glare looks great, honestly. Between the frigid, icy conditions and the unfiltered sunlight, it's going to be crazy bright looking in the direction of the sun. Even if it's a dark surface that's not shiny, it's still going to reflect a lot of light to the eye.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.