Show and Tell - Pol terrain work

StarSlay3r

On 4/20/2021 at 7:42 AM, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Adaptive music, kinda like in the Doom games. It could totaly fit for ksp 2.

Jeb, rip and tear until it is done.

KSP Rock theme commences 

For real, ksp kinda has adaptive mysic already if you think about it. You get to orbit BAM music. Mun BAM music.

2 hours ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Jeb, rip and tear until it is done.

KSP Rock theme commences 

For real, ksp kinda has adaptive mysic already if you think about it. You get to orbit BAM music. Mun BAM music.

Yea, but imagine if it was as adaptive as a game like the new Doom games. You are floating in space, some ethereal space music plays, you begin burning, and more triumphant music begins to play. It would be so cool.

On 4/16/2021 at 10:42 PM, Nate Simpson said:

Yep! Howard Mostrom is our resident music and sound genius. I hope at some point he gets to do a dev blog, because... I don't think I'm allowed to explain the cool thing he's doing yet. So yeah. Watch this space.

"The COOL THING". I am not sure what the cool thing is...

But it could be.... adaptive music....

btw, even if it is something completely different, I know I will still love it:happy:

If Everything Looks As Good As This Im Going To Weep Into My Keyboard Nonstop For A Year

On 4/16/2021 at 6:37 PM, Spaceman.Spiff said:

BUT WE NEED MOOOOOOOOOOORE!

Yes Yes We Do

25 minutes ago, Iron Kerman said:

If Everything Looks As Good As This Im Going To Weep Into My Keyboard Nonstop For A Year

Yes Yes We Do

We get update content every two weeks. If you can assume that getting info from Intercept Games is a sine wave with a period of 14 days and no vertical offset (scientist still investigating how much of a stretch this is), then theoretically on the off-Fridays like today we should all be forgetting things that we've already learned about the game.

Edited by Wubslin

4 hours ago, Wubslin said:

We get update content every two weeks. If you can assume that getting info from Intercept Games is a sine wave with a period of 14 days and no vertical offset (scientist still investigating how much of a stretch this is), then theoretically on the off-Fridays like today we should all be forgetting things that we've already learned about the game.

Rrright u lost me there

On 4/16/2021 at 6:00 PM, KSPStar said:

Welcome to Pol, Jool's patchwork moon. The Mun may be made of cheese, but Pol is made of at least four kinds of cheese, some of which may no longer be edible. Courtesy of environment artists Jordan Pack and Sung Campbell.

WE NEED MORE OF THESE UPDATES :heart_eyes:

How much procedural generation is used for the fine details when on the surface?

Can such generation be used to maintain detail when scalping up the system to 3 or 4x?

A major problem I have with ksp 1, is that pretty much all the features that you can make out from the surface, you can make out from orbit, the planets just seem small.

Even using real data for mars for example... Reducing a whole planets surface to 2048x1024 or even 4096x2048 heightmap and texture means that you can pretty much see all the features of the planet at a glance.

On my modded mars, I also added a noise layer, but more advanced fine scale detail procedural generation would be awesome

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.