Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Oddessy Grand Tour Challenge (UNOFFICAL)

The goal of the challenge: Go to any star system in GU and land on all planets (including there moons, choose which system wisely!) there. Refueling is allowed ONLY in the star system you are exploring!  Mods are allowed and you MUST have GU to enter. There's no prize as this is unofficial but you may do for the fun of it. RULES: Number 1: Ignore max temperature is the only cheat that is allowed! Number 2: GU Home Switch is not allowed as it puts you in the star system. You are also not allowed to use GodParts Mod and no editing configs! This is considered cheating and results in your submission being ignored! Number 3: NO FTL DRIVES (Rule suggested by @Grimmas). Number4: NO USING THE WARP DRIVES INCLUDED IN KSP-IE OR ANY ORTHER MOD BECAUSE THATS CHEATING AS WELL! Recommend mods: GU Parts (included in GU download), KSP-IE OR far future tech and near future tech and Deep Freeze if using life support. System rescaling (Larger only) and life support is allowed and will get you a better badge (if this becomes official). Please submit your submissions by the end of April please! 

Edited by Rocketry101
Mentioned that moons must be landed on as well.

7 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

I would suggest:

4. No FTL drives or jump gates to get there

5. make a self-sustainable MKS colony on one of the planets/moons once you arrive :-)

The FTL drive rule is good but this is a grand tour so rlly landing on each planet in the star system is already a challenge to get there so making a colony whould be too hard (read this):

Anyways I will be adding rule 4 thanks!

Edited by Rocketry101

Ok I’m doing this got the install up, but a quick question: The nova Kirbani baricenter has 3 stars (NK A, NK B, and Proxima Centuari) is a grand tour doing all three stars and their planets (and moons) or just one? (I’m planning on going until I can’t any more bouncing around these systems, but I want to know when I can stop.)

Edited by Daedalus3000
Spelling

1 hour ago, Daedalus3000 said:

Ok I’m doing this got the install up, but a quick question: The nova Kirbani baricenter has 3 stars (NK A, NK B, and Proxima Centuari) is a grand tour doing all three stars and their planets (and moons) or just one? (I’m planning on going until I can’t any more bouncing around these systems, but I want to know when I can stop.)

Well technically you only need to do one star but all the planets and moons in that star system not the whole system but hey you can do all 3 stars if you desire

Progress! A 2,500,000 m/s interstellar transport vehicle was built. It has a TWR of .01 though... may switch out the engine for a less efficient (only 1,500,000 m/s), but a twr of .5. It’s *only* 147 parts so not horrible lag... not great though... and that’s without landers

Edited by Daedalus3000

19 hours ago, Daedalus3000 said:

Progress! A 2,500,000 m/s interstellar transport vehicle was built. It has a TWR of .01 though... may switch out the engine for a less efficient (only 1,500,000 m/s), but a twr of .5. It’s *only* 147 parts so not horrible lag... not great though... and that’s without landers

Oof twr be like haha. anyways continuei would love to see your attempt!

Speaking of twr, you can use the Kspie antimatter radiant drive, and to refuel, have big and light solar panels and/or scoops to collect hydrogen or something for reactors, and then deploy a small space plane to land anywhere. Drawback: years of thrusting between stars, benefit: going significant portion of c in the process...

or does it need to be a single ship

2 hours ago, IsuckatKSP said:

ISRU is allowed but only in the system you are exploring so it could work if you found those resources in that star system

yes, and it would be good to have solar wind collector, also, you collect antimatter in magnetic fields of planets... tho.... idk if its there for all planets or kspie does some calculations and stuff

21 hours ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

Speaking of twr, you can use the Kspie antimatter radiant drive, and to refuel, have big and light solar panels and/or scoops to collect hydrogen or something for reactors, and then deploy a small space plane to land anywhere. Drawback: years of thrusting between stars, benefit: going significant portion of c in the process...

or does it need to be a single ship

Well single ship but you can orbital construct

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.