KSP 1.12.3 | OfCourseIStillLoveYou | Watch all your Hullcam cameras at the same time from everywhere!

jrodriguez

On 4/19/2021 at 1:24 AM, jrodriguez said:

Hi all, 

I have done a new release:

https://github.com/jrodrigv/OfCourseIStillLoveYou/releases/tag/v1.0.97
Changelog:

• Desktop Client: For better cinematic view it is possible now to hide telemetry and UI controls by doing double-tap on the UI. Fixes #1
  • Desktop Client: Adding camera name to window title.

I'm really loving this so far! :D

So far we cannot remove the telemetry info from in-game hullcam videos, correct?

I'm home, couldn't sleep.  Got up and got it working.

I love it.  This is really great. 

Turning off the UI and the camera in the game would be great too for a future update, possibly with the toggle being in the launch box in the game - if you plan to do this, having the camera name removed and the x toggle and enable streaming would be helpful - could they be moved to the Of Course I Still Love you launcher window?

Finally, does the desktop client running on a different PC require the .NET plugin?  I'm wary of installing anything on my work laptop.

Peace.

32 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

I'm home, couldn't sleep.  Got up and got it working.

I love it.  This is really great. 

Turning off the UI and the camera in the game would be great too for a future update, possibly with the toggle being in the launch box in the game - if you plan to do this, having the camera name removed and the x toggle and enable streaming would be helpful - could they be moved to the Of Course I Still Love you launcher window?

Finally, does the desktop client running on a different PC require the .NET plugin?  I'm wary of installing anything on my work laptop.

Peace.

Thanks. Yes, I think that feature is feasible for future updates.

Regarding the .NET 5 plugin, yes you need it. But to be honest .NET frameworks are very common and some of them are already installed by default on Windows. Most part of Windows apps require to have a .NET framework or Visual C++ libraries. It is like having DirectX installed.

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

55 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Regarding the .NET 5 plugin, yes you need it. But to be honest .NET frameworks are very common and some of them are already installed by default on Windows. Most part of Windows apps require to have a .NET framework or Visual C++ libraries. It is like having DirectX installed.

Heh... yeah, regarding ,NET 5, the future is already here...
The Unity version KSP is currently on supports .Net 4.5 to 4.8...and thats pretty old already. Many mods have not taken advantage of compiling against 4.8, even for the most current releases....

I imagine KSP 2 will support, if not rely on .NET 5....
Besides that, as jrodriguez stated, almost *everything* Windows based depends on current/supported .NET.... which, seems to be starting for Net 5 already...so sooner or later, you'll have to somehow get it installed...usually automatic Windows Update does it

So thin of this mod, as just being future-proofed, by using .NET 5 :P

And if anyone is still unsure, here's a decent article on it:

https://www.clariontech.com/blog/microsoft-announces-.net-5-a-brief-overview

Hi all,

I just released a new version which will improve the massive performance impact in KSP when rendering multiple cameras
https://github.com/jrodrigv/OfCourseIStillLoveYou/releases/tag/v1.0.98
Performance improvements:
-  Locking to 25 fps max the cameras rendering and streaming
-  Locking  cameras FOV to 50
-  Reducing desktop client refresh rate

Edited by jrodriguez

11 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi all,

I just released a new version which will improve the massive performance impact in KSP when rendering multiple cameras
https://github.com/jrodrigv/OfCourseIStillLoveYou/releases/tag/v1.0.98
Performance improvements:
-  Locking to 25 fps max the cameras rendering and streaming
-  Locking  cameras FOV to 50
-  Reducing desktop client refresh rate

Just dropped 1098 in, and am seeing this at startup:
https://prnt.sc/11u6kb8

I double-checked that I did grab the WIN version.  (also, running KSP 1.11.2, etc.)

On 4/20/2021 at 6:37 PM, Stone Blue said:

Already have testing planned for this mod, with some (hopefully) good ideas with a PCR control room i have had half-finished on my back-burner, for far too long ;)

Looking super forward to using this mod and something similar to PCR! IVA campaigns are fun and immersive.

Edited by RurouniDonut

5 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Just dropped 1098 in, and am seeing this at startup:
https://prnt.sc/11u6kb8

I double-checked that I did grab the WIN version.  (also, running KSP 1.11.2, etc.)

It is strange, I just did a quick test using  KSP 1.11.2.3077 and ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll  and I don't see that error message. Can you try to clean the module manager cache? 

10 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

It is strange, I just did a quick test using  KSP 1.11.2.3077 and ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll  and I don't see that error message. Can you try to clean the module manager cache? 

I Still saw it after flushing all the usual caches on that game.  BUT--Running this exact OCISLY + TUFXJR on a different, less-modded game does *not* show those warnings. I should have tried that first.

So, likely no issues. I'll report back if I see it again.

I've been struggling with a lot of startup freezing issues prompted by/when attempting to use TUFX, and copying & overwriting game files tying to suss it out, so I may have inadvertently ruined something deeper. 

Also a feature question: Is it planned to integrate the various camera filters/effects that are present in Hullcam:  Night vision, Rover, etc.?  They all just appear as normal video in the OCISLY feeds.

Edited by Beetlecat

34 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Also a feature question: Is it planned to integrate the various camera filters/effects that are present in Hullcam:  Night vision, Rover, etc.?  They all just appear as normal video in the OCISLY feeds.

Yes. That's in my list of "nice to have" features :)

Hi all, there is a new release available with an improved Desktop Client UI:

https://github.com/jrodrigv/OfCourseIStillLoveYou/releases/tag/v1.0.99

Changelog:

- Desktop client: Now it is borderless! All the controls can be hidden by double-click on the camera image

- Documentation updated with Desktop client usage.

That's ludicrously heavy! :o
Question: last night I re-installed OCISLY but there was no HullCamVDS (i forgot lol), and this caused a DLL error. Does it happen when I don't have HullCamVDS?

Spoiler

and since you made the CameraTools mod, another question: when I do some stationary camera stuff, the sound of the engine disappears suddenly. Bug or other stuff?

13 minutes ago, Kerbal Productions said:

That's ludicrously heavy! :o
Question: last night I re-installed OCISLY but there was no HullCamVDS (i forgot lol), and this caused a DLL error. Does it happen when I don't have HullCamVDS?

Hide contents

and since you made the CameraTools mod, another question: when I do some stationary camera stuff, the sound of the engine disappears suddenly. Bug or other stuff?

That's expected. It is mandatory to have Hullcam installed . 

Regarding CameraTool I suggest to disable the sounds effects for stationary camera. It is bugged

Just now, jrodriguez said:

That's expected. It is mandatory to have Hullcam installed . 

oh lol, i was so dumb enough to forget it. My brother deleted my mods yesterday and my saves :(
But don't worry, I might not get it back, but it's for the better. I got some crazy ideas now lol
And your mod, whoo! It's so beneficial! Fun for the whole Kerbal family!