KSP 1.12.3 | OfCourseIStillLoveYou | Watch all your Hullcam cameras at the same time from everywhere!

jrodriguez

Hey @jrodriguezI suggest trying to make the font of the telemetry in desktop client version of OCISLY the same as the orig. one if:

1. You can.
  2. The font they use is stock. If it isn't, I'll suggest a different font like Century Gothic.

:)

I'll tell you if the font in the orig. one in real life is stock!

UPDATE: So the font is Bahnschrift, which is a stock font. I think you can use it if you can! :)

7 hours ago, Kerbal Productions said:

Hey @jrodriguezI suggest trying to make the font of the telemetry in desktop client version of OCISLY the same as the orig. one if:

1. You can.
  2. The font they use is stock. If it isn't, I'll suggest a different font like Century Gothic.

:)

I'll tell you if the font in the orig. one in real life is stock!

UPDATE: So the font is Bahnschrift, which is a stock font. I think you can use it if you can! :)

To be honest I'd like to use:
Option 1:  The same font used by SpaceX during the livestream (I tried to find it but I still don't know which font it is)
Option 2: The same font used on the Of Course I Still love you - loss conection image (And the same here...)

Just now, Stone Blue said:

@jrodriguez so, I keep getting some loading errs with this mod on a minimally modded instal.
I have read, & re-read the README several times...

I guess its unclear to me if the desktop and/or server clients are *required* for this mod to work? vOv

What do you mean with loading errors?

On the KSP.log file there are some errors that are expected to appear like these:

ERR 00:20:03.856] Failed to load assembly D:\GAMES\KERBAL\Kerbal Space Program_1112_dev\GameData\OfCourseIStillLoveYou\Plugins\grpc_csharp_ext.dll:
System.BadImageFormatException: Format of the executable (.exe) or library (.dll) is invalid.
  at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadOptionalHeaders (System.UInt16& subsystem, System.UInt16& dll_characteristics) [0x00067] in <7a890c320a104d46b8776d7dd2bc4e65>:0 
  at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImage () [0x0007a] in <7a890c320a104d46b8776d7dd2bc4e65>:0 
  at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImageFrom (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00007] in <7a890c320a104d46b8776d7dd2bc4e65>:0 
  at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.IO.Stream stream, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00022] in <7a890c320a104d46b8776d7dd2bc4e65>:0 
  at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x0000a] in <7a890c320a104d46b8776d7dd2bc4e65>:0 
  at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName) [0x00007] in <7a890c320a104d46b8776d7dd2bc4e65>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <06f13185617646e5bc801baeab53ab75>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00175] in <06f13185617646e5bc801baeab53ab75>:0 

[ERR 00:20:03.948] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Grpc.Core': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <06f13185617646e5bc801baeab53ab75>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

[ERR 00:20:03.951] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'System.Memory': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <06f13185617646e5bc801baeab53ab75>:0 

But regarding the Server and Desktop Client, they are just separate tools to help streaming out of KSP all the camera feeds.

Ahh.. yeah... further investigation shows that it seems to be working for me, even with the errs... I have MADLAD installed, which is reporting those errs you posted.

Dr1IzRy.png

Edited by Stone Blue

Hi all,

I'm glad to announce that I just did a new release of OCISLY. If you are using Scatterer, you should update it to the new prerelease version 0.0767!

Changelog:

• Performance improvements: Up to 25% more FPS. Now OCISLY is prepared to use Scatterer 0.0767 pre-release, improved UI code.
  • In-game Camera UI Minimalistic view: Now you can hide the buttons and telemetry by doing a Double-Click on the camera view
  • Telemetry font changed to use Bahnschrift Semibold in both Desktop UI and In-game UI.

https://github.com/jrodrigv/OfCourseIStillLoveYou/releases/tag/v1.0.100

1 hour ago, jrodriguez said:

In-game Camera UI Minimalistic view: Now you can hide the buttons and telemetry by doing a Double-Click on the camera view

Awesome!  Look forward to testing this out.   Thanks for the update.

Peace

14 minutes ago, dok_377 said:

Is it possible to automatically restore feed after the loss of signal? 

Uhm the loss of signal usually means that either the vessel was completely destroyed or it went out of physics range.  So I haven't yet come across an scenario in which the signal can be recovered. 

Just now, jrodriguez said:

Uhm the loss of signal usually means that either the vessel was completely destroyed or it went out of physics range.  So I haven't yet come across an scenario in which the signal can be recovered. 

Game pause? When I pause the game, signal is getting lost. 

Just now, jrodriguez said:

You are right.  I think I haven't tested it lol. Is it not working fine after resuming the game?

It doesn't resume the feed by itself, you actually need to reselect the camera in the client by hand. Other than that, everything is perfect.

Oh, and also the scene change. Would be great if it could restore the feed if the vessel is the same. But I suspect that would require a bit more information from the game (like storing/reading camera part ID's and what not).

Just now, dok_377 said:

It doesn't resume the feed by itself, you actually need to reselect the camera in the client by hand. Other than that, everything is perfect.

Oh, and also the scene change. Would be great if it could restore the feed if the vessel is the same. But I suspect that would require a bit more information from the game (like storing/reading camera part ID's and what not).

Yeah. Currently the server will remove  the cameras if no signal is received after X seconds I think.  The desktop client will clean the cameras entries if the selected camera doesn't exist anymore. 

I will look into it for future releases

2 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

I'm still having a heck of a time getting the game to load with OCISLY with FAR

The game crashes to desktop even before launching at all if FAR is also present.

Windows, v1.11.2

KSP.log

Anyone actually using this alongside FAR?

Hi. Yes, I'm using it with FAR in KSP 1.11.2 and I don't really have issues.  

I have been taking a look to the log file, and it seems the last entry is when it is trying read the OCISLY settings file.  That's strange. Can you confirm if the setting file is present inside the OCISLY folder and that is not read/write protected?

12 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi. Yes, I'm using it with FAR in KSP 1.11.2 and I don't really have issues.  

I have been taking a look to the log file, and it seems the last entry is when it is trying read the OCISLY settings file.  That's strange. Can you confirm if the setting file is present inside the OCISLY folder and that is not read/write protected?

Confirming now back in my main install with a fresh copy -- still instant crash on startup. Definitely no read/write protections, and not in ProgramFiles, etc. :(

Screenshot-3.png

Just to be sure, I tried each previous version of OCISLY, in case my experiences of it working/not working were somehow connected --but still no go.

Edited by Beetlecat

33 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Confirming now back in my main install with a fresh copy -- still instant crash on startup. Definitely no read/write protections, and not in ProgramFiles, etc. :(

Screenshot-3.png

Just to be sure, I tried each previous version of OCISLY, in case my experiences of it working/not working were somehow connected --but still no go.

Wow, very interesting. Would mind opening an issue on GitHub? Could you attach the full KSP.log file, crash dump if available, finally could you take a look to the Event Viewer of Windows?

Maybe it will tell us why the app crashed

9 hours ago, Kerbal Productions said:

Hey @jrodriguezwhen I checked the DesktopClient for the new update (there's no cameras available that time), it was still Calibri. Is it normal for this to occur that it's still Calibri when the desktop client doesn't detect any cams yet?

Not sure, I need to double check