KSP 1.12.3 | OfCourseIStillLoveYou | Watch all your Hullcam cameras at the same time from everywhere!

jrodriguez

Hey, folks -

Remember that mod makers are volunteers and offer their work to the Kerbal Space Program community as a good-will gesture to the community. Their love of the game and their knowledge of basic programming allows them to contribute to our community and add a great many features used by a lot of players. For this reason, the forum has a guideline that has been put into place from the beginning:

Forum Guideline 2.2q: [Messages that involve the following content may result in moderator action:] Demanding or pressuring for release dates or updates from Take-Two or content creators.

Mod makers understand that as the core game and the DLCs have been updated, chances are their mods will have to be updated, too. Since KSP 1.12 is the final version fo the original KSP, we can probably expect long-term stability for mod makers. So, until the mod is updated, please don't irritate the mod authors to update their mods. They know it needs to be done. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

I just released a new version for KSP 1.12.2. https://github.com/jrodrigv/OfCourseIStillLoveYou/releases/tag/v1.0.102

Enjoy!

On 8/21/2021 at 5:10 PM, boerenhugo said:

jrodriguez do you know why I am stuck in Loading Part Upgrades? and when are you going to update the mod?

It was an issue with KSP 1.12.2 , use the latest release. It should work just fine.

This is fun!! I'm exploring a whole new way to play. 

I set up the cameras using a couple clients. *HIDE* KSP, and let a KOS script do my control of the craft. I then operate KOS using an Apple II I have connected to my PC. 

KSP Ground Control Simulator! :D

12 minutes ago, tg626 said:

This is fun!! I'm exploring a whole new way to play. 

I set up the cameras using a couple clients. *HIDE* KSP, and let a KOS script do my control of the craft. I then operate KOS using an Apple II I have connected to my PC. 

KSP Ground Control Simulator! :D

I have been thinking about creating a co-op/multiplayer KSP game using just one KSP and multiple clients with support for keyboard/mouse, some button for triggering staging etc

On 9/10/2021 at 7:52 AM, jrodriguez said:

Everything is explained in the Readme file on GitHub

Except one thing, and sorry if I'm being dense, but what is a Docker Container?

Is it this? > https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docker_(software)

Why and how would I use that? (Yes I saw pull blah blah, but that has no meaning to me)

Edited by tg626

10 minutes ago, tg626 said:

Except one thing, and sorry if I'm being dense, but what is a Docker Container?

Docker is a platform that runs on Linux/Windows/Mac  that provides OS-level virtualization. A Docker Container is similar to a Virtual Machine running on your PC, the main difference is that a VM requires a full OS installed whether a container uses your OS kernel instead so it doesn't require a new OS installation, it is very lightweight.

Which are the benefits of running an application in a container then? For example in the case of OCISLY, it requires to install NET5, but with the container, this dependency is already installed inside! So you don't need to install it on your computer :)

OCISLY is not a great a example because it is a really simple app, however if you have a much more complex app then  containers will really start to shine :)

You can find more information about Docker containers here: https://www.docker.com/resources/what-container

Edited by jrodriguez

• 5 months later...
47 minutes ago, dok_377 said:

@jrodriguez

The mod doesn't work with the latest version of HullCam. It just says that the OCISLY dll is not compatible with the game during the loading process. There were some changes in the HullCam dll and the file got renamed as well. 

Thanks for the information. I will investigate the issue

2 hours ago, dok_377 said:

@jrodriguez

The mod doesn't work with the latest version of HullCam. It just says that the OCISLY dll is not compatible with the game during the loading process. There were some changes in the HullCam dll and the file got renamed as well. 

Seems to be working working for me... altho I *am* seeing where, if you switch to map view in KSP, the background layer (skybox) in the client window is messed up... Then when you switch *out* of map view in KSP, the background in client window goes bac to normal skybox, *however*, map view orbit lines (at least), get left as artifacts... not sure if they are temporary or permanent, tho

I am also getting this err in the KSP.log, as I do NOT have TUFX installed:

[LOG 10:35:27.597] [OfCourseIStillLoveYou]:  Showing GUI
[ERR 10:35:32.708] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: TUFX, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 10:35:32.708] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: TUFX, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 10:36:59.307] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a

[ERR 10:36:59.307] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a

Edited by Stone Blue

16 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Seems to be working working for me... altho I *am* seeing where, if you switch to map view in KSP, the background layer (skybox) in the client window is messed up... Then when you switch *out* of map view in KSP, the background in client window goes bac to normal skybox, *however*, map view orbit lines (at least), get left as artifacts... not sure if they are temporary or permanent, tho

Did you update the HullCam to the version with new camera parts? That will be the version 0.2.2, and the version 0.2.1.2 had some changes for 1.12 with the dll renaming, this is I believe where the problem starts. With the old version (the 0.2.1.1 one) OCISLY works just fine for me. I'm running 1.10, have not checked 1.12 yet. 

31 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

@dok_377 yes, HC v0.2.2 .... I'm on 1.12.3

Just checked on both versions and it works fine. Something has to be wrong with my install then, probably an older version of OCISLY or something. I've been shuffling a lot of files between versions lately, must've broken something. 

@jrodriguez

My apologies, it seems I tripped a false alarm. 

Edited by dok_377
"probably an older version of OCISLY or something" totally that. I'm an idiot -_-

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Lucaspec72 said:

Works great now ! this might be nitpicking, but is there a technical reason why cameras don't have their effects ? (black & white, noise, etc..)

I think It should be doable, I haven't implemented it because it had low priority on my to-do list. 

Next version will allow to configure the resolution of the cameras.

13 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

I think It should be doable, I haven't implemented it because it had low priority on my to-do list. 

Next version will allow to configure the resolution of the cameras.

Is it possible to add the fov of the cameras to the client? Right now all the cameras when viewed on the desktop client have the same fov, but in the game each camera has a different one. 

6 hours ago, dok_377 said:

Is it possible to add the fov of the cameras to the client? Right now all the cameras when viewed on the desktop client have the same fov, but in the game each camera has a different one. 

I could use the default fov of the hullcam camera, the reason why I'm using a lower fov for all of them is performance. Watching/Streaming one camera is fine, but watching/streaming 3 or 4 cameras like CCTV has a significant performance cost. Resolution and FOV are the 2 factors that impact the performance.

But I will try to implement something to allow the user to use the original fovs from hullcam.