what historical rocket I should build?

I would probably start with either the easiest mission/easiest one to build (I'm not actually sure what that would be. It's been a while since I have actually gone to space! If you looked at my other forum content you'd understand), or just build the classic historical rocket; the Saturn V.

On 4/18/2021 at 10:06 PM, Sky Kerman said:

How bout SRB-X

That must be the most Kerbal Shuttle derived launch vehicle ever :). When I built mine in KSP I noticed it had enough payload capacity for a Shuttle, so I built a Space Shuttle with nothing but solid rocket motors and did the entire Kerbin series of missions fom the Space Shuttle Challenge with it. See the Space Shuttle challenge thread for details. 

17 hours ago, QF9E said:

That must be the most Kerbal Shuttle derived launch vehicle ever :). When I built mine in KSP I noticed it had enough payload capacity for a Shuttle, so I built a Space Shuttle with nothing but solid rocket motors and did the entire Kerbin series of missions fom the Space Shuttle Challenge with it. See the Space Shuttle challenge thread for details. 

I would say any rocket using the RD-270M, a Full-Flow staged combustion cycle engine burning Pentaborane and NTO, it is basically a RD-270 but Pentaborane instead of the glorious UDMH, also it has near F1 levels of thrust

is the most kerbal rocket

I'm not sure what kind of "Payload" you're going to build within the collected data and info from this topic, since,even if the payload is obvious, it "Can" alter the perfomance of the "Proposed Rocket Design", However:

If you're going to:

Send a Space Station Module:

why not Space Shuttle Buran(incluiding the Energia tho), or the classic? or Maybe the Proton-M?

Send a Space probe to Jool, Jupiter, or any Primary Gas Giant depending what Planet Pack you're using, to any Planet beyond Jool/Gas Giant's Orbit:

Maybe... Titan IIIE-IV? Atlas V? Delta IV Heavy? Atlas-Centaur?

Send a Crewed Mission to any place ,depending how Powerful the rocket is:

Titan II-Gemini, Saturn V, N1, Союз(Soyuz) ,Falcon Heavy, Starship, Space Launch System.

Sending a Rover to any Planet(As long as it has surface).

Ariane V, Atlas V, Delta II.

Military Purposes?

Днепр(Dnepr), SM-65 Atlas, Titan I-II, V2, R7 Семëрка(Semyorka)

Commercial Purposes:

Titan III, Delta II, Soyuz(Rocket,not Spacecraft)

13 hours ago, JB182 said:

V2, not a rocket but its started the space race

voskhod, crew dragon, cargo dragon, mercury redstone

Rocket:

noun
  1. a cylindrical projectile that can be propelled to a great height or distance by the combustion of its contents, used typically as a firework or signal.

V-2 is technically a rocket.

2 minutes ago, JB182 said:

but V2 is a missile. is a missile a rocket?

Well:

10 hours ago, Stormpilot said:

Rocket:

noun
  1. a cylindrical projectile that can be propelled to a great height or distance by the combustion of its contents, used typically as a firework or signal.

Yes is rocket. It’s a metal tube. V-2 = rocket.

Edited by Stormpilot

1 minute ago, JB182 said:

but V2 is a missile. is a missile a rocket?

Missiles are just rockets with warheads for payloads. So yes. So are most Cold War-era rockets. The A-4/V2 also carried scientific payloads like barometers and insect containers.

Just now, OrdinaryKerman said:

Missiles are just rockets with warheads for payloads. So yes. So are most Cold War-era rockets. The A-4/V2 also carried scientific payloads like barometers and insect containers.

ok

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.