75 Aircraft milestone on KerbalX: A Celebration for K.R.A.S.S.H. Industries

K.R.A.S.S.H. Industries (Klapaucius Reliable Air, Space, Sea & Hardware) has just it the 75 mark on KerbalX, the premiere aerospace marketplace in the Kerbalverse. 

So, it seems some celebration is in order as we continue to doggedly pursue aeronautical distinction by adhering to our motto:

Practicality is for the Unenlightened.

Our CEO thought it would be good to finally do some proper marketing and present our entire lineup.  So, semi regularly we will feature an object from our rogue's gallery of creations.  

Check this thread out over the next few months as we will routinely highlight one of the 75--and anything new that comes along...including some unfinished projects.

Thanks as always to @katateochi for creating and maintaining  KerbalX, my favourite KSP site.

Qi6qC96.jpg

Watch this space for engineering like you have never seen ...  

Edited by Klapaucius

#76 MUNCHAUSEN

A while back, a big fire at K.R.A.S.S.H. Industries (Klapaucius Reliable Air, Space, Sea & Hardware) wiped out a whole experimental development wing. The external harddrive fire, as it came to be known, was mourned by many (and celebrated by a few test pilots who are no longer employed at K.R.A.S.H.).

Fortunately, the plans for all these lost craft were recovered, the factory cat having used them as a bed.

So, with typical K.R.A.S.S.H. logic, we kick off the  75 Craft celebration with craft number 76.

https://kerbalx.com/Klapaucius/Munchausen-Sepratron-to-orbit

This is the Munchausen Sepratron Rocket.  This was created for our very own  S.T.O.C.K. (sepratron to orbit challenge on Kerbin).

Etg1zVv.png

8pyO6VS.png

• 1 month later...

#80 HARRY

https://kerbalx.com/Klapaucius/Harry-Exploration-Rover

Another set of plans thought lost after the big external harddrive fire.   Named after Harry the Poisonous Caterpillar, by children's author Lynne Reid Banks, this stunning piece of engineering once again demonstrates our motto: Practicality is for the Unenlightened.

Harry was built incorporating our SL.I.P. engineering philosophy: SLow, Inefficient, Pointless.

This was originally developed for @Kergarin's Breaking Ground Walker Challenge, where it achieved a blistering 15 minute run to cover 1/4 of the length of the KSC runway.  The original stripped down racing version has been upgraded for exploration, with ample room for passengers and ample charging capability, giving it near infinite range (as long as you are in no hurry to get anywhere).

KHdXusi.png

OOn4rw5.png

LSoMsjK.png

4 minutes ago, FleshJeb said:

Man, I'm still not over Aristophanes and you bring us this?!? :D Also, is that Tekto I spy? My favorite planet.

This actually predates the Frog.  Both were inspired by that challenge.  I just never got it uploaded--it kept having weird bugs happen to it, like opening the save to find the legs separated from the body.  And then I lost the drive.

That is Tekto. I've never actually flown there. Just Mission Buildered myself for photo ops.

Edited by Klapaucius

3 minutes ago, Klapaucius said:

That is Tekto. I've never actually flown there. Just Mission Buildered myself for photo ops.

Same. It's on my list if I ever start playing again. Although I've tested quite a few aircraft there. Let's just say Karbonite is a VERY fun mod.

#1 OCTAVIA

Octavia was the first truly good aircraft we built. In fact, it is possible that most of our designs since have been a downward spiral from this one.  It also set in a motion a love of flying wings.  It is not particularly fast, but it is a hoot to fly through the mountains.  You do need to be on your game, however.

It was named after the late, great science fiction author Octavia Butler.

jz4dYSn.png

8FMxo9q.png

vlTR5b3.png

• 2 weeks later...

#52 GOGOL

https://kerbalx.com/Klapaucius/Gogol

Gogol represents the pinnacle of high-end design.  Named after the famous Russian writer of the often absurd, the aircraft lives up to its name. Despite that fact, it is a pleasure to fly and can carry a lot of passengers quickly and comfortably.  The final version has landing gear on the outriggers as well for stability.  Our motto is Practicality is for the Unenlightened, but this one is surprisingly practical.

I had a lot of fun building this one.  I see airplanes in Kerbal as a sculptural exercise, but one that actually has to fly.  It is a fun challenge.

OmGUuKh.png

mG1HEFg.png

3o7MDmH.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.