One button Navball resizing

Hi to all.

I like to play with the nav ball off to the left and about 60% size to save on the screen real-estate.

But that makes the ball a bit hard to read when trying for a tight manoeuvre while flying manually.

So, as the title says can we have a button to go from one size to another on the fly?

Thanks for the read.

ME

@Martian Emigrant.  I get what you mean, I suggested the same thing not too long ago.

You want it smaller for 'normal' use, but then you want it larger to help with more 'delicate' tasks.  The little 'hide' tab is great, but it does what it says and hides it (as it should).   Whereas an extra toggle to switch between two custom sizes would allow that functionality too.  Or perhaps use the existing 'hide' tab to cycle through the three options to avoid an extra button.

51 minutes ago, pandaman said:

@Martian Emigrant.  I get what you mean, I suggested the same thing not too long ago.

You want it smaller for 'normal' use, but then you want it larger to help with more 'delicate' tasks.  The little 'hide' tab is great, but it does what it says and hides it (as it should).   Whereas an extra toggle to switch between two custom sizes would allow that functionality too.  Or perhaps use the existing 'hide' tab to cycle through the three options to avoid an extra button.

Hi @pandaman I totally forgot about the hide function.

On every install I disable it so the Navball is always present. I always refer to  it.

I like your idea of toggling between  3 different states. But it is not for us to choose.

We shall see what the creators in charge will do with this.

How is the spring in the UK? I haven't been across the pond to your side of it (The pond that is) in over 12-13 years. I enjoyed every stay. As short as they were.

Here in Montréal we had a very nice early one but we just had 2 days of cold with snow.

Soon motorcycles and vegetable gardens. ;p

ME

11 hours ago, Martian Emigrant said:

I like your idea of toggling between  3 different states. But it is not for us to choose.

Yes, not our choice, but that's what the suggestions section is for.  If the devs think it worthwhile then it could get included.

@Martian Emigrant.  Will PM you shortly in response to the rest so as not to go off topic.

I'm in the process of making this idea into a new mini-mod. You can grab the beta version here:

Currently, you double tap the "navball hide" shortcut on the keyboard (Keypad Del/. on mine) to switch sizes but I plan to implement a button as suggested. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.