Protractor - Rendezvous Plugin - Under New Management!

mrenigma03

I don't think that's what caused your crash. Looking through my own logs, Protractor always throws an NRE from part loader at that point, even when it works perfectly. If the NRE crashed the game, it would have crashed at the NRE instead of continuing to load. You crashed while going to flight scene, it looks like. Further, I've never seen an NRE in testing do anything but break Protractor itself and otherwise leave KSP running fine.

Try removing all your other mods, then add them back one at a time starting with the latest Protractor (updated yesterday). I strongly suspect the trouble is linked to something else. You can also try editing settings.cfg in your main directory to set VERBOSE_DEBUG_LOG to "True" for a more detailed log to help pinpoint the problem.

Interface requests:

3) Make it a partless addon like chatterer and include the parts in an optional zip file so people with flights using the part(s) won't lose them

+1

This also makes so that you can use the mod with ships you didn't launch with the part!

+1

This also makes so that you can use the mod with ships you didn't launch with the part!

This also introduces a lot of problems, like when it comes to saving data (i.e. window position and settings). Those would likely have to be sacrificed if I were to go partless. There are advantages to having a part that loads and unloads with the vessel.

croxis, glad it's working!

I just downloaded and installed Protractor and it's only showing data for Moho. NONE of the other planets or any moons show up in it at all.

Click on the label where it says "Moho," and it should expand show the rest. The UI collapses to focus on one planet/moon if you click on it and will also show the inclination of an orbit if you have an intersection with a target. You probably clicked on Moho inadvertently, and that's why you don't see the other bodies.

Click on the label where it says "Moho," and it should expand show the rest. The UI collapses to focus on one planet/moon if you click on it and will also show the inclination of an orbit if you have an intersection with a target. You probably clicked on Moho inadvertently, and that's why you don't see the other bodies.

Actually it opened up that way the very first time I loaded a ship with it on the launch pad. I had not clicked on anything because I wait for physics to load before trying to do anything. Once it loaded and I saw only Moho listed, I did try clicking on the Moho entry to see if it would expand to show the whole list and no joy.

Then trying again just a few minutes ago all planets/moons are showing like they should. Though it seems to default to being open when you first load a ship with it instead of closed until needed like it used to be.

Actually it opened up that way the very first time I loaded a ship with it on the launch pad. I had not clicked on anything because I wait for physics to load before trying to do anything. Once it loaded and I saw only Moho listed, I did try clicking on the Moho entry to see if it would expand to show the whole list and no joy.

Then trying again just a few minutes ago all planets/moons are showing like they should. Though it seems to default to being open when you first load a ship with it instead of closed until needed like it used to be.

Odd, I don't know why it would only have shown Moho then. And it doesn't default to open or closed except on a fresh install. After that, it saves the window based on how you left it last (across all instances of the mod, not just one ship).

Now, I am a retard with mathematics like this, so I can't figure out the explanation for this, but I can't seem to get the ...(behold the dumbest explanation of a measurement ever)... forked sign(second column) to show any readings - angle or estimated time.

It just sits at --- for any moon i select. I am in a circular 100 by 100 orbit at 0 deg incl. relative to the space plane.

I am guessing there is a reason for this, but I can't figure it out.

Hlep?! Plis halp?!

EDIT: Turns out it shows up for planets, not moons.

Edited by smunisto

Now, I am a retard with mathematics like this, so I can't figure out the explanation for this, but I can't seem to get the ...(behold the dumbest explanation of a measurement ever)... forked sign(second column) to show any readings - angle or estimated time.

It just sits at --- for any moon i select. I am in a circular 100 by 100 orbit at 0 deg incl. relative to the space plane.

I am guessing there is a reason for this, but I can't figure it out.

Hlep?! Plis halp?!

EDIT: Turns out it shows up for planets, not moons.

That symbol is the Greek letter psi, which I chose at random to differentiate it from the other symbols. It's not an official use of the symbol or anything. The reason it is showing "---" for moons and not planets is because it doesn't apply in your current circumstance, which I assume is orbiting a planet. It is an ejection angle that tells you where in your current orbit you should start your burn. It's only helpful for transferring between two things that share a common parent, such as between two planets orbiting a star. If you are orbiting the Mun, you will see numbers show up below Psi for Minmus. These would be used to transfer directly from the Mun to Minmus, since they both share Kerbin as a parent. Likewise, if you were orbiting the sun, you would not see any numbers for planets or moons there, because theta would be all you would need to transfer to a planet.

You will see numbers for Psi listed beside a planet when orbiting a moon for use with the "adv" trajectory (going from moon->parent planet->another planet). These are for dropping your periapsis to the parent planet, or I suppose could also be used just to return to the parent planet (such as from Minmus back to Kerbin for reentry).

I hope that helps!

I updated to the new version - deleted the old files, put in the new ones...but now I don't get the protractor window at all. The calculators are still there in the parts and I put them on but don't see the mod anywhere. Tried installing manually and with KSPMM

Hi,

getting some Errors with the new Plugin for .21.1

[LOG 21:52:12.870] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Protractor/Parts/protractor - plain/part/protractor_plain'
[EXC 21:52:12.877] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 21:52:12.879] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 21:52:12.882] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Protractor/Parts/protractor - tape/part/protractor_tape'
[EXC 21:52:12.886] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 21:52:12.889] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Apperently it doesn't affect in-game functionality.

I updated to the new version - deleted the old files, put in the new ones...but now I don't get the protractor window at all. The calculators are still there in the parts and I put them on but don't see the mod anywhere. Tried installing manually and with KSPMM

Did you follow the new installation instructions (since KSP 0.20) and drop the whole Protractor folder - as is - into the GameData folder?

Hi,

getting some Errors with the new Plugin for .21.1

[LOG 21:52:12.870] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Protractor/Parts/protractor - plain/part/protractor_plain'
[EXC 21:52:12.877] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 21:52:12.879] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 21:52:12.882] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Protractor/Parts/protractor - tape/part/protractor_tape'
[EXC 21:52:12.886] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 21:52:12.889] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Apperently it doesn't affect in-game functionality.

Thanks, this is a known bug without any actual effect from what I can tell.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using this for such a long time now but never actually took the time to post here. Thanks for such an amazing mod, without it most of my interplanetary missions probably would of ended with many Kerbals stranded in space.

• 5 weeks later...

Are there any gurus that can help me with a weird clashing problem this mod is having with mapsat. Whenever I install X4R1 I can only see it's little icon down the bottom and my Protractor calculator disappears.

There is more info on the thread I started here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/50539-Protractor-clashes-with-Mapsat-HELP%21?p=659552&posted=1#post659552

Can you use this to calculate high energy transfers?

If you need to transfer at a particular transfer details you can use http://alexmoon.github.io/ksp/

Get the current year:day from the tracking station and select the bodies you're transfering from and to.

Once you get the graph you can mouse over it to pick your own date and how soon you want to get there. Click on it and the details to the right update to give you the year:day, ejection dV, ejection angle, etc.

Are there any gurus that can help me with a weird clashing problem this mod is having with mapsat. Whenever I install X4R1 I can only see it's little icon down the bottom and my Protractor calculator disappears.

There is more info on the thread I started here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/50539-Protractor-clashes-with-Mapsat-HELP%21?p=659552&posted=1#post659552

Ignore this. I am officially a bad bad pilot and am handing in my wings. Somehow in starting a new game and changing the mods around I had left off the mapsat part. All going well now. Currently mapping Duna.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

What does TMR mean in the Phi window? I selected a target, Jool, My ship is on prograde, Theta angle is approching 0° and when I click on "Adjust Phi" I get 0 TMR in the Phi window.

No explanation when I clik the ?

Hello

What does TMR mean in the Phi window? I selected a target, Jool, My ship is on prograde, Theta angle is approching 0° and when I click on "Adjust Phi" I get 0 TMR in the Phi window.

No explanation when I clik the ?

Thrust/Mass Ratio. Essentially, the plugin isn't detecting any active engines, so it can't predict your burn time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.