Protractor - Rendezvous Plugin - Under New Management!

mrenigma03

Thanks, There's a trick somewhere, my engines are activated. It's a 9900 DV pusher on with is dock a tank to be send on my Jool Space station..

Is it a stock engine? It's possible that if it isn't, and the engine is designated in the config as something other than one of the stock types, the plugin may not be recognizing it as an engine.

Hi all!

I'm having problems with the Protractor mod. When I unzip the latest version (2.4.3) all I see is the "newest version" folder. I changed its name to Protractor and copied to the GameData folder. Engineer Redux works fine this way, but this mod doesn't :( I have KSP 0.22, and I can't see any protractor parts in the R&D or build Hangar. Any help, please?

Cheers!

Hi all!

I'm having problems with the Protractor mod. When I unzip the latest version (2.4.3) all I see is the "newest version" folder. I changed its name to Protractor and copied to the GameData folder. Engineer Redux works fine this way, but this mod doesn't :( I have KSP 0.22, and I can't see any protractor parts in the R&D or build Hangar. Any help, please?

Cheers!

I think I messed up the zip file structure when I hastily got the patch out, sorry!

If you have a previous install, you should be able to get away with replacing the dll and the cfg files for both parts.

Can someone post their directory names in the meantime until I can get a new zip out?

I'm at work without access and don't remember off the top of my head, but what you want might be inside the newest version folder already.

I think I messed up the zip file structure when I hastily got the patch out, sorry!

If you have a previous install, you should be able to get away with replacing the dll and the cfg files for both parts.

Can someone post their directory names in the meantime until I can get a new zip out?

I'm at work without access and don't remember off the top of my head, but what you want might be inside the newest version folder already.

Ok, everything works fine now :) I just didn't discover the right technology yet:)

All you have to do is change the folder name and you're ready to go!

Thanks for the brilliant mod!

Hi,

I'm having trouble using this. I've previously used the calculator at ksp.olex.biz, which says that to get from Kerbin to Duna I should have phase angle of 75. But when I tried protractor, theta approaches zero when phase angle is 44. What am I doing wrong? :(

screenshot: G1382386440111648_1.jpg

edit--------------------------------------------------

aahah hah haa, I had origin and destination mixed up in the calculator =)

Edited by kurja

This would be super, I just found out about this mod, even registered to ask the same thing. Would love to give it a spin.

Hi,

I'm having trouble using this. I've previously used the calculator at ksp.olex.biz, which says that to get from Kerbin to Duna I should have phase angle of 75. But when I tried protractor, theta approaches zero when phase angle is 44. What am I doing wrong? :(

screenshot: G1382386440111648_1.jpg

edit--------------------------------------------------

aahah hah haa, I had origin and destination mixed up in the calculator =)

I have done close to 200 test flights with this mod on its own, another 60+ tests side by side comparison to MJ2 transfer planer, and another 30 or so tests comparing it to manual messuring.

99.999% Protractor will give you the absolute best transfer burns out of anything, hands down. I honestly dont know why people use anything else for transfer burns...I never will.

Just a quick question - where did you put this on the Tech Tree?

FOr some reason I can see the item in VAB, but its greyed out so I cant select it.... (havn't researched everything yet - so not sure where it comes from.

Not sure why it would be greyed out, but it unlocks along with the deployable solar panels.

This would be super, I just found out about this mod, even registered to ask the same thing. Would love to give it a spin.

Zip should be fixed now, sorry for the delay guys!

I have done close to 200 test flights with this mod on its own, another 60+ tests side by side comparison to MJ2 transfer planer, and another 30 or so tests comparing it to manual messuring.

99.999% Protractor will give you the absolute best transfer burns out of anything, hands down. I honestly dont know why people use anything else for transfer burns...I never will.

Wow, that's great to know! Thanks for doing that testing!

Not sure why it would be greyed out, but it unlocks along with the deployable solar panels.

Figured it out.. ( i think) - the error is "Part model requires an entry purchase in R&D"

In the persistent.sfs there is a description of all the parts you unlocked and where...

id = advElectrics

state = Available

part = ksp.r.largeBatteryPack

part = solarPanels1

part = solarPanels2

part = solarPanels3

part = solarPanels4

there are no entries for the 2 protractor pieces..

(I think this happened cause I unlocked the tree before I installed protractor)

should need to add 2 lines

part = protractor_tape

part = protractor_plain

but then every time I load my save, the lines get removed.... :/

Edited by Sisyphus

Great Mod, really helps. I tend to get disoriented switching views and zooming in and out. In my head this is what I try to visualize, I still get lost. By the time I have looked at all the readings and righted myself, My window is long gone.

SWtabel.jpg

It would be awesome if we could have a map of the kerbol system like this. I figure all the data needed for a graphic representation is already in protractor and if anyone could pull it off...

Just an idea, keep up the nice work!

Is there a limit to the number of Mods you can have installed? Or does this not work with certain mods? Pretty sure I have it installed to correct location.. load screen shows it being loaded.. but cannot see the tool inside the game?

Sorry if I missed something.

Thx for help.

Hey!

The mod is great, but i cannot find the parts anywhere on my tech tree! Can someone please help? Or is it out of the tech tree because it is an older save?

If you have the newest version, it should show up in the tech tree under Advanced Electrics. I *think* it should be there even in an old save that's already unlocked that portion of the tech tree. If so, you may have to click on the part (or right click) in the tech tree window and research it, this should cost nothing.

If you have the older version, it wasn't set up to be in the tech tree and you'd need to manually edit the config file to do that, but you really should just upgrade to the new version.

As hard as I may try, I can't make this work on carreer mode. I tried installing it on the Parts folder, and on the Game Data folder as well. The game always says I have to purchase the part on R&D. Is there anything I can do? Edit my save file, maybe? I don't want to have to start a new game.

As hard as I may try, I can't make this work on carreer mode. I tried installing it on the Parts folder, and on the Game Data folder as well. The game always says I have to purchase the part on R&D. Is there anything I can do? Edit my save file, maybe? I don't want to have to start a new game.

If you have already unlocked a node in the tech tree, Then add a mod part to career mode, you have to go to the nodes with little red number indicators and click on the part.

A dialogue message should say "Do you want to research this part?"

There are no nodes with the little red number on it with the parts I want to unlock...

Weird. Does it show up in sandbox mode? If it does then it's installed correctly, if not, then try re-installing. Once it shows up in sand box, go to career and then to the R&D building. You need to click on Advanced Electrics, that's the third from bottom in column six. They should be there. That's where they are in my save, and I just removed the protractor folder from the game data folder and ran KSP to remove them, then put the folder back, and ran KSP and it's back, like so:

e0op.jpg

Click the buttons in the parts area to bring up the research dialog and hit the research button to get them working. If the buttons in the parts area are already "pushed down" then the parts are active and should be in the science tab in the VAB and SPH.

Edited by Dweller_Benthos

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.