Protractor - Rendezvous Plugin - Under New Management!

mrenigma03

The TWR toggle can produce negative angles.

Thanks, I'm aware of this and it will be fixed. For now, just add 360 to any negative angle it produces.

The adjust angle may also be inaccurate for vehicles with really really low T/W ratios. I'm working on an adjustment to this.

Okay, the "Calculate closest approach" thing is so useful, it's almost criminal. :D

Before, I had to guess how to correct; now, I just look at the indicator when I use RCS in an axis, and 9 times out of 10, I manage not only to get into the SOI, but do fancy stuff like aerobraking and choosing where to land.

Kudos to adammada (since he made the code for it) and mrenigma03; now, I can go to Duna and back without propulsing myself in the Sun. :D

Okay, the "Calculate closest approach" thing is so useful, it's almost criminal. :D

Before, I had to guess how to correct; now, I just look at the indicator when I use RCS in an axis, and 9 times out of 10, I manage not only to get into the SOI, but do fancy stuff like aerobraking and choosing where to land.

Kudos to adammada (since he made the code for it) and mrenigma03; now, I can go to Duna and back without propulsing myself in the Sun. :D

Actually the code is all mine except for the piece of code that gets your ships T/W ratio (borrowed from mechjeb). Adammada and I are talking about adding his map drawing code to mine.

Here is Protractor 2.2.1 :).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3k0r22

On frontend:

- when you click on closest distance to planet / mun it starts drawing line on Map showing where is it

- added information about it

On backend:

- uncomented LineRenderer lines

- changed function calculating mindistance so it also returns time of that event

- added "onclick" code to distance labels which are setting to what body draw line (or to null), and checking if just calculated distance is distance to selected body - and if it is, remembering time

- added "drawApproach" function, wchich draws line based on variables:

private CelestialBody drawApproachToBody = null;

private double closestApproachTime = -1;

Here is Protractor 2.2.1 :).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3k0r22

On frontend:

- when you click on closest distance to planet / mun it starts drawing line on Map showing where is it

- added information about it

On backend:

- uncomented LineRenderer lines

- changed function calculating mindistance so it also returns time of that event

- added "onclick" code to distance labels which are setting to what body draw line (or to null), and checking if just calculated distance is distance to selected body - and if it is, remembering time

- added "drawApproach" function, wchich draws line based on variables:

private CelestialBody drawApproachToBody = null;

private double closestApproachTime = -1;

I appreciate the changes and will look over then when I get home. However, in the future please run changes by me before releasing. I would like to manage the release to avoid confusion.

What is the line drawing for exactly? I don't seem to understand it.

It draws a line connecting you and your target at your closest approach (in the future). That way if you are going to miss it, you have a visual indicator of which way to burn to set up an intersect.

Still using the previous version, so this might be obsolete, but I also don't want to go to all the trouble and try again until it happens again:

Does the UI disappear randomly for other people, too, including the on/off button? This has happened to me twice now. Funny enough, I made it to Eve without problems, but the plugin crashed on the same craft during a course correction while on my way to Duna.

Is it possible that this plug-in doesn't get along with MechJeb?

Still using the previous version, so this might be obsolete, but I also don't want to go to all the trouble and try again until it happens again:

Does the UI disappear randomly for other people, too, including the on/off button? This has happened to me twice now. Funny enough, I made it to Eve without problems, but the plugin crashed on the same craft during a course correction while on my way to Duna.

Is it possible that this plug-in doesn't get along with MechJeb?

Make sure you only have one protractor on your ship (if you accidentally had symmetry on, you may have more than one) and that you're not near any other ships with protractor. The latter of those will be fixed in the next patch.

It plays just fine with mechjeb. I've had mechjeb on the entire time I've been developing and testing this plugin. Can you reproduce it, and if so can you post the contents of your KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt file and ideally a screenshot?

Screenshot won't help, everything is there, but no line shows up, imagine you standard ship view with the last version of this plugin open (but I have updated so it's not that), however it does work for the mun and Minmus, just not Duna Eve Moho or Jool.

Double check that you have no more than one protractor on your ship. If it happens again, please post that log file, and I will have something to go on.

Excue me, but in 1.7.2 (i think) I burn precisly when it tells me to, but i end up getting close to the planet, but then falling behind it. ?_?

What do you mean by 1.7.2? I'm not quite clear on what the problem you're having is.

Hmm.. The line won't draw for me either. I tried rebooting my PC but that had no effect. Everything else works fine except the line drawing.

The line drawing is definitely still in an experimental phase. That being said, if you zoom out too far it disappears. You are looking on the map, right? And it draws a closest approach later in your orbit, so the line may not be anywhere near your vessel. Try it from a parking orbit around Kerbin by clicking on where it shows the Mun's closest approach in the "closest" column.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.