Protractor - Rendezvous Plugin - Under New Management!

mrenigma03

• 1 month later...

Seeing this in my output_log.txt. Is it anything bad?

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Protractor/Parts/protractor - plain/part/protractor_plain'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ProtractorModule..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
Part:AddModule(String)
Part:AddModule(ConfigNode)
PartLoader:ParsePart(UrlConfig, ConfigNode)
:MoveNext()

(Filename: Line: -1)

UnityEngine.Object:Internal_CloneSingle(Object)
UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(Object)
PartLoader:CreatePartIcon(GameObject, Single&)

Seeing this in my output_log.txt. Is it anything bad?

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Protractor/Parts/protractor - plain/part/protractor_plain'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
Part:AddModule(String)
Part:AddModule(ConfigNode)

UnityEngine.Object:Internal_CloneSingle(Object)
UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(Object)
PartLoader:CreatePartIcon(GameObject, Single&)

If memory serves, that's a null reference that has been around in one form or another for a really long time. If nothing appears broken, there's no cause for concern.

ok. I had my computer lock up and had to do a hard reset and when I tried to re-launch KSP it would hang during load and I found line after line after line of these null reference exceptions clogging up my KSP.log file. I'm still tracking down the cause and covering all bases along the way...

Would it be realistic for someone with very little programming knowledge to do the toolbar integration? I have a little c++ knowledge and have done small stuff with cfg files in KSP but I have never worked with C#... I would be willing to pay someone to write the integration, but I have very little money, so if the OP needs a free dinner or something let me know and I will hook you up :P

Hi mrenigma, I have a suggestion for you.

You know how it displays a line from your closest approach to where the planet will be at that time?

Would it be possible to have that direction displayed on the navball? That could simplify course corrections and crazy experiments.

This doesn't seem to be an announced feature with the latest update, but game days are now measured in Kerbin days rather than Earth days, which means that game days are only 6 hours long as opposed to 24 hours long. This means that the estimated time until ideal phase angle is off by a factor of 4 when days are involved.

This doesn't seem to be an announced feature with the latest update, but game days are now measured in Kerbin days rather than Earth days, which means that game days are only 6 hours long as opposed to 24 hours long. This means that the estimated time until ideal phase angle is off by a factor of 4 when days are involved.

+1

Using Kerbal Alarm Clock, I came out of time warp 18 days before my launch date.

You can switch back to earth days in the settings.

• 4 weeks later...
Just installed this mod, extracted the zip into the Game Data folder and yet nothing. There's no new part in the VAB or a new plugin window. Nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Silly me, it only works in sandbox mode. Is there a way to use it in career mode?

It already does, you just have to go into the R&D Lab and unlock it, because you probably already have unlocked the advElectrics node.

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = advElectrics
entryCost = 4400
cost = 1275
category = Science
subcategory = 0
title = Protractor
manufacturer = Enigma
description = Tired of holding a protractor up to your screen? Use this instead!

Both parts unlock at the same node just find advanced electronics, and then scroll to the bottom of the parts list and it will be there.

It was sort of annoying me that it didn't handle kerbin time, and since the code is GPL3, I forked it and made that change. Possibly not super pretty, but it seems to work. You can find the code here: https://github.com/RealGrep/protractor

I also compiled it and put the .dll in my dropbox. To use it, you need an existing Protractor install. Then, just go into the protractor mod folder (from your KSP install, should be GameData/Protractor/Plugins/), find protractor.dll and replace it with this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mvhuft4tc5kqsiq/protractor.dll

Thanks go to mrenigma03 for writing the mod in the first place and being nice enough to release it as GPL3.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is the best place to mentioned this, but I have found a small bug in this mod, which relates to the use of ModuleEnginesFX. It is this bug giflo that means that protractor indicates TMR 0 with FTmN nuclear rockets or if you have "Hot Rockets" installed byNazeri1382 (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65754-HotRockets!-Particle-FX-Replacement-Tutorial). To fix the problem, you need to edit the "tmr()" subroutine in the protractor - partmodule.cs file, and change the line "else if (p.Modules.Contains("ModuleEnginesFx"))" to "else if (p.Modules.Contains("ModuleEnginesFX"))" (note the capital FX). You also need to rem out the "if (!me.flameout)" line, although I'm not sure what flameout relates to, since as far as I know that only occurs on jet engines and you don't use them for planetary transfers (although there maybe other engines that have this property).

Anyway I hope this helps everybody, especially mrenigma03, who created an excellent mod. I know without it I would find it almost impossible to do planetary transfers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.