Rover blocked on Mun

Dears,

I have landed a rover on Mun. But on the opposite face of Kerbal. This should not a big deal because it has an antenna (a Communitron DTS-M1, deployed) and I have a satellite orbitting around Mun which communicate with Kerbal. But my rover refuse to link with the satellite and the result is that I cannot move my rover because of the absence of communication. Do you know what can I do to move it?

rover-blocked.png

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Edited by VonDriguen

Thanks James,

Yes, my rover is solar powered and it still have a lot of energy (119/120). I have push forward a little bit the time to try to rotate Mun this is why it is in the dark. But it even did not work when I land it in front of the sun.

Maybe the antenna in the satellite is not a 'relay' antenna.  

I don't know the rules for communications links, but there is a post here (link) that explains them and the types of antennas.

You can disable the communications rules temporarily with
  Pause (Esc on PC)  =>  Settings   =>  Enable CommNet :off

Does that satellite have a relay dish on it, or just a normal antenna? As the names suggest, direct type antennae can only transmit a signal to something else- Kerbin or another craft- but relay dishes can also receive a signal from another craft and then forward it on. Orbiting the Mun, a relay with a few HG-5 deployable dishes would be sufficient, but further out you’ll need the RA-class fixed dishes.

A good relay network will not only prevent loss of signal and loss of control but also means your individual rovers, landers etc. only need small direct antennae to reach the relays above, rather than carrying a big, heavy one to communicate all the way back to Kerbin. I suggest you build a simple relay with either a few HG-5s or a single RA-2 and put several of those in orbit around the Mun (and Minmus too) to ensure that you get complete coverage of the surface: put them in sets of 3 in a high polar orbit, regularly spaced, so they can communicate with each other and will cover almost every part of the Mun/Minmus’ surface.

Thanks guys! Wrong antenna on satellite is indeed the problem. I put a Communotron 88-88 on my satelilites thinking that it will be enough for relay...

I will destroy my satellites on Mun and Minimus, change the antenna by a RA-x and launch them back...

Thanks again!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.