I cant open KSP on macOS big sur

1 hour ago, Richmountain112 said:

Oh, I ran into this problem, too. There’s some command code that allows you to run the game. It’s in the contents of the app, I think.

What is the code and where do I have to put it?

i had ran into this problem when i first started playing this game too. i downloaded it from the ksp store, opened the "kerbal space program" folder, right clicked the ksp application, clicked show package contents, and after that, into

Contents->MacOS->KSP

the KSP, which is a unix executable file with a icon that looks like a black square with the letters "exec" on it , when you open it it launches a terminal window and opens ksp. btw it dosent matter if you right click ksp or ksp launcher, both work fine, and the only difference is that KSP launches ksp directly and KSPLauncher (right click ksp launcher, and follow the same process until the file KSPLauncher)

i am pretty sure this is not the standard solution and pls dont ask me how it works (i found it by trial and error, i am not a computer expert), but  hey, it works for me and this is the way i have been opening ksp ever since ive download ksp two and a half years ago.

but if u got it on Steam, then i have no idea.

hope this works.:D

Here is an alternate  solution you might try.  No idea why this works, but it does- for me anyway.

• Locate and open the KSP folder, locate the KSP application file.
  • Move (drag and drop) the KSP application file from the KSP folder to the desktop.
  • Then, move (drag and drop) the KSP application file back to the KSP folder.  (Where it originally was)
  • Open the KSP application.  It should work with no problems from now on.

Note- you’ll need to perform those steps every time there is an update to KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.