KSP2 Questions

This is something i thought of a bit. It would be nice if KSP2 would be free for the first 24 hours of it's release. Then after that time, they can set the intended price of the product. It wouldn't hurt, right?

I would really appreciate the work, if Kerbal Space Program 2 Would have a demo, just like KSP1, which is gone. Can't seem to find it, because it brings some good memories before the purchase. It just feels different, would be really appreciated. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:. What do you think about it?

The most important question here I guess would be the minimum system requirements. I'm a bit anxious about the visuals, they are so stunning, that I know the game will stutter each 3 seconds. The question is, will the game have advance graphics settings? Like tweak the terrain texture mesh, increase or decrease the level of detail, OFF, STATIC, REALTIME reflections. I just want more graphics customization, because i know my PC will struggle to run this. I gotta pray for my computer not to explode lol rip.

I think that's it. I will add more questions to disccuss on this thread later.

39 minutes ago, ShuttlePilot said:

. It would be nice if KSP2 would be free for the first 24 hours of it's release. Then after that time, they can set the intended price of the product. It wouldn't hurt, right?

If you mean something like free weekend, when you can play until certain time and then you have to pay if you want to continue, then maybe.

But free free.. you know that highly anticipated games have the most sales exactly on release day? For PD that would mean losing most of the revenue of the first month. So yeah, that would hurt.

3 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

If you mean something like free weekend, when you can play until certain time and then you have to pay if you want to continue, then maybe.

But free free.. you know that highly anticipated games have the most sales exactly on release day? For PD that would mean losing most of the revenue of the first month. So yeah, that would hurt.

Hmmm... That is a quite logical statement. But what the demo would be for then, if you can have a full KSP2 with no restrictions for a weekend. Also it doesn't work out quite easily. You see, if they will make a basic time limit code for the weekend KSP2, then there will be some people who could crack the code and extend the time. So in that situation they should be aware of it and implement more protection, because there are some folks like that.

10 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

For PD that would mean losing most of the revenue of the first month.

Why? They can develop and release DLCs which are always paid, to prevent the wound on the money,

2 hours ago, ShuttlePilot said:

This is something i thought of a bit. It would be nice if KSP2 would be free for the first 24 hours of it's release. Then after that time, they can set the intended price of the product. It wouldn't hurt, right?

Other than the lost sales, you have to consider that KSP2 is planned to be released as a DRM free game, if you do something like that you need a strong system to avoid that someone just copies the game folder in another place and continues to play after the time is finished.

Knowing this community that would be taken not as "they added a DRM to let us try the game" but as "they put the game free for one day to have an excuse to add a DRM", a PR nightmare.

I would really appreciate the work, if Kerbal Space Program 2 Would have a demo

But you have, sort of. With Steam you can buy any game and refund it in a 2 hours played/14 days window, but that's just for the automatic system, any request exceeding those parameters is not refused but flagged for manual inspection by Steam support and if you have a good reason they usually refund it anyway even outside that window.

That's what I plan to do with the game, buy it as soon as it's available and then test it for the full 2 hours window to see if I'll keep it or not.

@ShuttlePilot Steam and most of its competitors let you refund any purchase within 14 days (or so) if your playtime is less than 2 hours (or so). That's plenty to determine that the game plays satisfactorily on your rig, and that you like it enough to put more time in it. 

1 hour ago, Brikoleur said:

@ShuttlePilot Steam and most of its competitors let you refund any purchase within 14 days (or so) if your playtime is less than 2 hours (or so). That's plenty to determine that the game plays satisfactorily on your rig, and that you like it enough to put more time in it. 

but an actual demo would be more fun, as you can have it for as long as you want, but with some functionality restrictions

14 minutes ago, ShuttlePilot said:

but an actual demo would be more fun, as you can have it for as long as you want, but with some functionality restrictions

It'd be even more fun to get the entire game for free. Sadly, the developers need to make rent.

I miss demos but I dont recall ever seeing a DRM free content complete demo....

If KSP had a demo that was missing half the parts and only included Kerbin, Kerbol, and Mun then that would be something worth while to demonstrate its mechanics, splendor, and playability without cutting into its sales. If they also included some of the tutorials in the demo that would probably help convince a lot of players initially intimidated by KSP to hop on as well since this game seems to be one that does that

Edited by mcwaffles2003

6 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

I miss demos but I dont recall ever seeing a DRM free content complete demo....

If KSP had a demo that was missing half the parts and only included Kerbin, Kerbol, and Mun then that would be something worth while to demonstrate its mechanics, splendor, and playability without cutting into its sales. If they also included some of the tutorials in the demo that would probably help convince a lot of players initially intimidated by KSP to hop on as well since this game seems to be one that does that

Yeah

27 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Agreed. Maybe even include the first tutorials on getting to orbit and Mun. I know I could get tons of people into ksp 2 if this was a option.

That would be appreciated. And yes, I want the tutorials to be EXACTLY the same as KSP1. Just imagine your first Mun landing in KSP2. A great audio feature would be kerbals talking on the radio with mission control from time to time.

I would love the game so much if it would have countdown on STOCK KSP2. I guess you get the idea.

This video is a perfect example of what i want in KSP2:

17 minutes ago, ShuttlePilot said:

That would be appreciated. And yes, I want the tutorials to be EXACTLY the same as KSP1. Just imagine your first Mun landing in KSP2. A great audio feature would be kerbals talking on the radio with mission control from time to time.

I would love the game so much if it would have countdown on STOCK KSP2. I guess you get the idea.

This video is a perfect example of what i want in KSP2:

Yup, would add a lot of depth and life to the game.

5 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Yup, would add a lot of depth and life to the game.

Of coure it would! Because sadly enough KSP1 feels dead and dark. And also kinda boring because of the monotone birds singing on the KSC, etc. It really brings some life there!

55 minutes ago, ShuttlePilot said:

Of coure it would! Because sadly enough KSP1 feels dead and dark. And also kinda boring because of the monotone birds singing on the KSC, etc. It really brings some life there!

Ksp 1 can be very dark. Some times I want to play, but it can be so dull I decide not to. The Kerbals and Kerbin realy do need some liveliness, and it appears the devs realized the same thing.

23 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Ksp 1 can be very dark. Some times I want to play, but it can be so dull I decide not to. The Kerbals and Kerbin realy do need some liveliness, and it appears the devs realized the same thing.

Oh... I play RSS/RO with HumanStuff and NASA Countdown timer and can say only one thing. It's alive as H  E  K  K.

On 4/21/2021 at 12:02 AM, ShuttlePilot said:

I would really appreciate the work, if Kerbal Space Program 2 Would have a demo, just like KSP1, which is gone. Can't seem to find it, because it brings some good memories before the purchase. It just feels different, would be really appreciated. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:. What do you think about it?

The most important question here I guess would be the minimum system requirements. I'm a bit anxious about the visuals, they are so stunning, that I know the game will stutter each 3 seconds. The question is, will the game have advance graphics settings? Like tweak the terrain texture mesh, increase or decrease the level of detail, OFF, STATIC, REALTIME reflections. I just want more graphics customization, because i know my PC will struggle to run this. I gotta pray for my computer not to explode lol rip.

I think that's it. I will add more questions to disccuss on this thread later.

That would be awesome but I don't think they're going to give out the game out for free. Maybe they might do something you can play it for 3 hours free then need to purchase it but only on the first day. That might be the closest we get to a demo.

2 hours ago, Atomic Engineer said:

That would be awesome but I don't think they're going to give out the game out for free. Maybe they might do something you can play it for 3 hours free then need to purchase it but only on the first day. That might be the closest we get to a demo.

This is not good. That does not help. And I really love normal demos, like KSP1 had a pretty fun demo (which is now gone obviously). And now they can't make a demo for KSP2? Just cut out some features, leave bugs, don't update it. And here you have a demo.

KSP1 had a pretty fun demo (which is now gone obviously). And now they can't make a demo for KSP2?

KSP had a Demo as an indie game not developed by professional game developers in an era in which most publishers had already left the idea of free demos behind, I suspect it's not a matter of being able of doing it or not but there should be some reason why it's not worth anymore doing demos, but I don't know this particular part of gaming history.

3 hours ago, ShuttlePilot said:

Just cut out some features, leave bugs, don't update it. And here you have a demo.

Absolutely excellent way to shoot yourself in the foot as a developer.

Was that actually a serious suggestion?