KSP2 Questions

6 hours ago, ShuttlePilot said:

This is not good. That does not help. And I really love normal demos, like KSP1 had a pretty fun demo (which is now gone obviously). And now they can't make a demo for KSP2? Just cut out some features, leave bugs, don't update it. And here you have a demo.

Well, let's ask the developers. Anyone wanna ping them?

On 4/21/2021 at 7:10 PM, ShuttlePilot said:

but an actual demo would be more fun, as you can have it for as long as you want, but with some functionality restrictions

What if the functional restriction was that it started in one of the new other systems in a self supporting  colony that had lost contact with KSC?

It would be a like sandbox of only the parts that can be made from the resources of the colony.

26 minutes ago, mattinoz said:

What if the functional restriction was that it started in one of the new other systems in a self supporting  colony that had lost contact with KSC?

It would be a like sandbox of only the parts that can be made from the resources of the colony.

I'm just going to be real here, if you make the demo too limited people are just going to Torrent the full game. Now they might come around and buy it legit, but relying on the generosity of pirates is a bit of a risky business decision.

Personally i think the demo (If it exists) should be as fully-featured as possible, but still leave the player at a point eventually where they need to make a decision.

Start them on Kerbin, give them access to the game's systems and let them get to the Mun. Then it should basically stop progression beyond that point, that's well over 30 hours of gameplay to see and decide if you want to buy.

2 hours ago, Incarnation of Chaos said:

I'm just going to be real here, if you make the demo too limited people are just going to Torrent the full game. Now they might come around and buy it legit, but relying on the generosity of pirates is a bit of a risky business decision.

Personally i think the demo (If it exists) should be as fully-featured as possible, but still leave the player at a point eventually where they need to make a decision.

Start them on Kerbin, give them access to the game's systems and let them get to the Mun. Then it should basically stop progression beyond that point, that's well over 30 hours of gameplay to see and decide if you want to buy.

Shhh! Let's not talk about P  I  R  A  C  Y.

But yes, we don't want DEMOs to be this restricted

4 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

We are playing KSP-2 demo right now. It's called KSP-1.

True, in stock we are restricted to the kerbolar system 
I know we have mods, but they aren’t as detailed as KSP-2 is going to be,

still cool though :kiss:

When do the KSP-2 Show and Tell vids usually come out? (Time)

1 hour ago, Gacrux said:

True, in stock we are restricted to the kerbolar system 
I know we have mods, but they aren’t as detailed as KSP-2 is going to be,

still cool though :kiss:

When do the KSP-2 Show and Tell vids usually come out? (Time)

Uhmmmm... Like around few months or something

• 3 weeks later...

do you think KSP2 will have references to the real world, like a stand with all the significant space projects .according to the type of 1 person in kosmos, on the moon(already there), Voyager, ISS, etc.,
or make a statue of this all next to the spaceport
0b393f63946951.Y3JvcCwzOTAyLDMwNTQsMCwxM

On 4/20/2021 at 10:47 PM, The Aziz said:

If you mean something like free weekend, when you can play until certain time and then you have to pay if you want to continue, then maybe.

But free free.. you know that highly anticipated games have the most sales exactly on release day? For PD that would mean losing most of the revenue of the first month. So yeah, that would hurt.

Might as well be a demo. Just with low tech and only Kerbin and Mun.