RSS/RO Loading Problem

So I've been playing RSS/RO for a few months now, and the only annoying thing I found is that there is a 68% chance of the game getting stuck on the "Loading..." screen. Also i noticed, that when it hangs up on there, the planets which orbit are always in the same specific locations. I don't have any clue what's causing this, but it's wasting my time. Let's just say, I have a lot of mods (6GB, to be more precise).

Any errors or crash reports? Is your PC just running out of RAM during loading? (That happens to me even with 32GB, for some unknown reason it hoovers up all 32 when the main menu screen loads in...) Have you tried removing some mods you don’t absolutely need, or even just parts from mods that you don’t use?

15 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Any errors or crash reports? Is your PC just running out of RAM during loading? (That happens to me even with 32GB, for some unknown reason it hoovers up all 32 when the main menu screen loads in...) Have you tried removing some mods you don’t absolutely need, or even just parts from mods that you don’t use?

Unfortunately, all mods are needed. But the problem is, that one time i checked my RAM usage, how you said. And it used about 6.2 GB of RAM. I think that's on the limit. Yeah, I have 8GB RAM. It just hangs up there. But if I'm lucky, it does load up, and i know exactly when it will loadup. Beacuse I know a symptom, which let's me know that. It gets stuck at "Finished Loading" or something and then loads up alright. I even checked all the logs myself and only have Kopernicus and MM logs, which provide useless information, I read the whole thing out of them. No exceptions, nothing. Strange things happen man. But I think the problem here is RAM. 

Lol i can't even believe my PC runs KSP + RSS/RO without any stutter, because the following specs are:

Intel Core i5-2400S 2.6Ghz (3.2Ghz Turbo)

Intel HD Graphics 4000

8GB RAM

7200 RPM SATA HDD

Two Possible explanations.
1) you may have clicked off KSP while it was loading (which for same reason slows it to a halt)
2) as you say, you have 8GB of RAM, but KSP over allocates it. (see the post below for what I mean)
If the memory allocation fix doesn't fix it, open task manager at next startup, put all the values into percentages and see what happens (maybe a background task is taking up memory).

Hope it helps

3 hours ago, Rambow_Ninja94 said:

Two Possible explanations.
1) you may have clicked off KSP while it was loading (which for same reason slows it to a halt)
2) as you say, you have 8GB of RAM, but KSP over allocates it. (see the post below for what I mean)
If the memory allocation fix doesn't fix it, open task manager at next startup, put all the values into percentages and see what happens (maybe a background task is taking up memory).

Hope it helps

Ohh, now Iunderstand. I noticed that too! Thank you very much. Yeah, it liquides me off when I start the game and the cursor is okay, but nothing happens on screen, just the desktop. Only after a few mins it starts to show the loading screen. Yeah, it fixes that. Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.