What Command Pod do you think this is? And what would its use be?

Just now, MechBFP said:

If it's the inline cockpit then they've reverted it to its pre-KSP 1.1 model. The current version has one Kerbal sitting behind the other, so I'm more inclined to think that it's the regular Mk2 cockpit.

But it's more likely that this is just a rather basic mockup IVA that they made to test things like the Kerbal animations, as it doesn't seem to be that detailed.

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

If it's the inline cockpit then they've reverted it to its pre-KSP 1.1 model. The current version has one Kerbal sitting behind the other, so I'm more inclined to think that it's the regular Mk2 cockpit.

Since that scene is a early one I think it's the opposite.

Also, they showed that picture before Intercept and the new design after that, maybe part of that "bigger scope" thing was also a complete redesign of the parts from KSP1, at least for this it seems to be the case.

4 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Looks like an aircraft cockpit (Mk2?) to me.

I agree here. It has one exception though, that window in the rear.

And the 5 windows on the cockpit. Maybe its a modded part.... I forgot the name of the mod, but it added a P-3 esque nosecone.

It could be a new spaceplane cockpit developed for the game, but from what I currently understand planes aren't at the top of their to-do list so it could just be an older part that they're recycling.

12 hours ago, Mikenike said:

I agree here. It has one exception though, that window in the rear.

that square docking window is stock, you can switch to it in the vanilla game by double clicking on the green "docking screen" while IVA.