[WIP][1.11.x] XF-33 (Sebastian Aerospace)

Vostok6

Hello, this week i have been experimenting with modding and have created this nice little fuselage/fuel tank model of a large shuttle-like spaceplane based vaguely on the X-33 concept. I plan to release it as just the fuel tank with heat shield, where the player can add details and wings on their own. Currently it has no payload bay because i am inexperienced, however it is my ultimate end goal to add one. No promises though
Images of model:

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

It currently uses this placeholder texture which is poorly mapped and very low res. It will eventually be replaced.

unknown.png

I have many plans for this mod and future additions, however i do not wish to build hype for something i am unsure if i can achieve. Therefore, i will only post current progress in this thread or use it to ask for help.

unknown.png

Current dev goals/priorities:

- Make Model Visible

-Add collisions

-Balance Config

-Replace placeholder texture and improve UV mapping.

Please be patient with progress, i literally have no clue what i'm doing.

I wish to make this mod as open source and free to modify as possible. Try the experimental pre-alpha mod here, if you want:

https://spacedock.info/mod/2704/Sebastian Aerospace Parts Pack

17 hours ago, Epcotnerd said:

This looks great, but the .mu file is empty. As in not only does it not show up in game, if i try to open it up in blender there's still nothing. Sorry I can't be of more help, best of luck!

That's strange, i think i may know what the issue is. I made the model in Blender and used a plugin to export it, but i've been having lots of issues with it so i don't think it works.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.