Weak Player's Micro sized distance challenge. a 0.625m challenge

Picture of build: DONE

82 x 71 km orbit: DONE

I forgot to record the TMI(Trans-Minmal Injection Burn), so i'm starting again. But a glitch is being a little sh*(!

Minmus Injection and Other Burns: Done

Minmus Landing: Done

Minmus Return: NOPE! About 80 m/s short

Edited by Wizard Kerbal

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pausing this submissions are still allowed for 1-2 weeks from now so anyone interested have time 
So @ZinkBot @EveMaster @JB182 @Wizard Kerbal @Rhode_Enterprise_By-MattAnd anyone else wanna try it out you have time you can do this but i'll probably close this soon so if you would like to submit you can :) 

Edited by Weak Player

I made a kerballed landing on Eeloo and back on a single stack of 0.625m parts some while ago. Unfortunately it is 0.9m to high for this challenge. Mission report: https://imgur.com/gallery/wPaSwcX . Taking two Oscar-B fuel tanks off would meet the requirements and if I also reduce the amount of ablator on the heat shield, it should still be possible. If not, I could still add side boosters. But I'm not planning to repeat this mission.

For this challenge I tried a mission including a Tylo landing. I managed to do the landing and ascent during testing but the delta-V requirements for the rest of the mission seem to be too high for this challenge, so I'm not going to submit an entry to this challenge.

6 hours ago, EveMaster said:

0.9m to high

Why there is no height limit, and you can add literally enough 0.625m booster to make to rocket 3.75m in diameter

6 hours ago, EveMaster said:

Mission report: https://imgur.com/gallery/wPaSwcX .

But the problem with your mission is The Ion tug is literally more than 510 kg

17 hours ago, Weak Player said:

Why there is no height limit, and you can add literally enough 0.625m booster to make to rocket 3.75m in diameter

But the problem with your mission is The Ion tug is literally more than 510 kg

My ion stage is 822 kg excluding the Kerbal. But you could argue that it is not a tug because the ion engine is not tugging any other stages. I think there is also a "more" missing in the rule about ion tugs.

There is a height limit of 17.5m in the rules. My craft is 18.4m tall excluding the Kerbal.

On 4/22/2021 at 4:22 AM, Weak Player said:

RULES

[...]
No ion tugs than 510kg (so it is allowed)
[...]
Not taller than 17.5m

I haven't had much time to do this challenge but here's me getting my submission into orbit. It consists of an oversized fuel tanker and a tiny probe.

aBeK3Hp.png

In VAB. 125 parts, well under height limit, two layers of boosters, one with eight boosters and one with six more

FtxaofR.png

Launch

iGR6nau.png

Boosters detached

nPq4NEN.png

Sustainer detached

oxO5OVE.png

Circularizing

77yzV7B.png

In orbit. Tanker has 3800 m/s left and probe has a bunch of delta-v also, I can do a ton of flybys with this much fuel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.