[1.12.x] [BG] Coriolis Space Systems | Extendable tethers & more based on the movie 'Stowaway' | v1.0.1

benjee10

2 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Yup, the window layout is very Ranger-y (though a little more sensible!) That clustered window look has been something of a trend in space movies since Interstellar (and I'm not complaining)

I don’t really know how to use the capsule though? Like I get it and know how to use a capsule but it’s shape looks awfully like it should be a biconic reentry vehicle.

19 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Yup, the window layout is very Ranger-y (though a little more sensible!) That clustered window look has been something of a trend in space movies since Interstellar (and I'm not complaining)

The capsules in both your recent mods are probably the best parts. They look so cool and are really useful!

16 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

I don’t really know how to use the capsule though? Like I get it and know how to use a capsule but it’s shape looks awfully like it should be a biconic reentry vehicle.

You're welcome to use it however you'd like! If you do try using it as a biconic, give me a shout on how the aero holds up. I've only really tested it in capsule configuration. 

5 minutes ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

The capsules in both your recent mods are probably the best parts. They look so cool and are really useful!

Many thanks! I put a lot of care into them especially so it is really nice to hear that. 

• 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, adriangm44 said:

Tundra Exploration's dragon solar-pannelled service module fits really nice on it!

it does, but a own service module would still be cool IMO because I already use the dragon and it would look weird if 2 different spacecraft have the same SM

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I've only just found this awesome mod on a revisit to Kerbal.  I'm loving the idea of the tethers, but I'm having some trouble with them.  I've attached a claw, but upon attaching to my cargo (another crewed ship) it becomes unresponsive.  It wont traverse anymore, the only thing that does work is the lock, which snaps it back to closed quickly.  But then I cant extend it again after unlocking it later. 

I feel like its the claw (standard squad one) causing trouble rather than your mod.  Is there anything better to attach to the bottom for crane purposes?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for your work on this mod (and all the others :) ),

I'm only interested in the tethers parts, to keep my already Add-Moar-boosters-Mods install in a reasonable size, so I deleted everything except the said tether parts.

My question is can I also delete benjee10_shared_assets mod, since I see no reference to it in the tether configs ? I'm guessing yes but this is to be sure..

Thanks !

9 hours ago, kurgut said:

Hi,

Thanks for your work on this mod (and all the others :) ),

I'm only interested in the tethers parts, to keep my already Add-Moar-boosters-Mods install in a reasonable size, so I deleted everything except the said tether parts.

My question is can I also delete benjee10_shared_assets mod, since I see no reference to it in the tether configs ? I'm guessing yes but this is to be sure..

Thanks !

Yes you can, benjee10_shared_assets contains things like the APAS docking ports. But why would you want to delete such pretty looking parts from your game?

2 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

Yes you can, benjee10_shared_assets contains things like the APAS docking ports. But why would you want to delete such pretty looking parts from your game?

Thanks, yeah figured it since ! I know, I know...

I have 2 goddesses I devote my heart to... The deep space Kraken, and the RAM.

The latter is sadly the reason I need to carefully select part mods I need/don't (running planet packs+nearfuture+KSPIe, etc, etc) you know, everyone's typical KSP modded install :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, @benjee10, love your mods and use them. I have your AARS mod and recently wanted to add this one to the collection, but since it's not on CKAN I have a problem with installing it.

I have B9PartSwitch, Benjee10_sharedassets, Benjee10_stowaway  and HabTechProps already installed and when I drag them from Coreolis zip file to ...KSP/GameData folder it switches files and AARS cant load properly.

Would something like dragging only Benjee10_stowaway folder help keep it civil or would I need to scroll through endless .txt and .dll files and DJ mix them?

If you need any logs and/or screenshots I'll send them gladly, thanks!

15 hours ago, Fanta_Racer said:

I have B9PartSwitch, Benjee10_sharedassets, Benjee10_stowaway  and HabTechProps already installed

Welcome to the forums :) I am not Benjee but would be happy to offer you a touch of info. When you elect to install mods manually (or must bc they're not on ckan) you have the added responsibility of managing the dependencies yourself. A lot of mods will come with dependencies bundled with them, but the onus is on you to maintain your dependencies at their latest versions, not at whatever (potentially stale) version that might be bundled with mods.  All that is to say: don't replace newer versions of dependencies. Most modern mods will have a .version file somewhere in their folder structure which is a text file and has the mod version in it. Compare these before you copy/replace any bundled dependencies, and always leave the most recent version even if the mod you're installing comes bundled with something older.

Oh - lastly, with manually installing mods there is a crucial step you never want to miss: if you replace a folder with a newer version of the same thing, it's important to first delete the existing folder, instead of just copying over top of it. If you just copy, you risk leaving files that the mod author has deleted, and this can lead to broken KSP.

Hope something here helps a little. Feel free to ask for clarifications.

33 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Welcome to the forums :) I am not Benjee but would be happy to offer you a touch of info. When you elect to install mods manually (or must bc they're not on ckan) you have the added responsibility of managing the dependencies yourself. A lot of mods will come with dependencies bundled with them, but the onus is on you to maintain your dependencies at their latest versions, not at whatever (potentially stale) version that might be bundled with mods.  All that is to say: don't replace newer versions of dependencies. Most modern mods will have a .version file somewhere in their folder structure which is a text file and has the mod version in it. Compare these before you copy/replace any bundled dependencies, and always leave the most recent version even if the mod you're installing comes bundled with something older.

Oh - lastly, with manually installing mods there is a crucial step you never want to miss: if you replace a folder with a newer version of the same thing, it's important to first delete the existing folder, instead of just copying over top of it. If you just copy, you risk leaving files that the mod author has deleted, and this can lead to broken KSP.

Hope something here helps a little. Feel free to ask for clarifications.

Thanks, will consider that next time. 

For those that might encounter the same problem as me, if you have already installed mods which are inside of GameData folder in Coriolis zip file like B9PartSwitch, HabTechProps, etc.... , then just dragging Benjee10_stowaway to your KSP/GameData folder works fine for me, but might not work for you