Radiator won't stay retracted

Mounted one or more radiators on a vehicle and when I launch it the radiator(s) is/are extended, even though I launched it in retracted mode. When I hit the Retract button, it retracts, then immediately extends again. This happens with multiple vehicles, even after restarting my game. I've checked to make sure that any action groups have the 'toggle' option tied to it, and it happens even on vehicles without any action groups. 

The only thing I can think of is that KSPIE, which I just recently installed, has something to do with it, because I used one of these vehicles before I loaded the mod and it worked fine. 

Any thoughts from Kerbal Hive Mind?

11 hours ago, maddog59 said:

The only thing I can think of is that KSPIE

I agree, sounds almost like an auto cooling function for the reactors you mentioned before maybe.

12 hours ago, maddog59 said:

When I hit the Retract button, it retracts, then immediately extends again.

Hmm. Do you happen to have a KAL1000 on the ship?

:huh:: "Leave the radiators retracted, KAL. KAL?"

:targetpro: : "I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."

It happens on vehicles with and without KAL's installed (loved the "2k1: ASO" reference, btw). 

The more I think about it the more I think it's related to KSPIE ... heat waste is apparently a big factor now that I have it loaded, even though there are no reactors attached. It happens on the simplest of vehicles: a Mk1 capsule and a radiator attached, for instance.

It didn't happen before, and when I tossed a similar vehicle into Duna orbit  (simulation prior to committing to a mission), at some point during re-entry the radiators retracted themselves, then re-extended immediately after landing. Not sure I like this feature, as I prefer to have control over when and where things get stuck out (of my ships). And there's a 'shielded deploy' (off/on) button in the radiator PAW that I need to try, which I'm hoping will keep it retracted during launch if it's inside a fairing (maybe?)...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.