Deadly white cube with parallax

so i recently installed parallax and I like it a lot but there is one BIG issue that make the game unplayable. So basically when I'm coming back (from any altitude) when I get to around ~2500m - ~1000m ASL my craft will sudently explode without warning and then all that's left is just this white cube. i think it might have something to do with the collision modifier

here's a video of this happening

Edited by BC_5972

I’m not overly familiar with Parallax but doesn’t it just change the surface shaders of planets? It’s unlikely to be that if so I think? Are you running any other mods?

31 minutes ago, FruitGoose said:

I’m not overly familiar with Parallax but doesn’t it just change the surface shaders of planets? It’s unlikely to be that if so I think? Are you running any other mods?

no no other mods other then b9 partswitch and its requirement (kopernicus) 

Actually I was wrong. Apparently Parallax adds ground collisions (so rovers follow the new terrain shape) and in the video, the wheels on the demo rover seem to be touching 4 of those cube things that destroyed your ship (video is on the mod thread).

Therefore your first thought may be right and for some reason parallax thinks the ground is 2k asl and the ship is in effect ‘crashing into the ground’.  Or terrorists have taken over KSC and adjusted the ILS ground height like on Die Hard 2. Either way I’d ask in the Parallax thread as seems like a bug with that (or definitely related).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.