[1.8.0 - 1.10.x] NO-Texture CST-100

Kion

Can I suggest adding a description, maybe some pictures as I’m totally confused as to the purpose of this? Why no texture - to save resources?

The answer is because I don't know (yet) how to put textures, but I also think it's  cool to have a untextured CST-100 Starliner. But if if you want a textured CST-100 Starliner, you can find it in this link

going to release a no texture atlas 5 mod

currently testing the no texture atlas!

Edited by Kion

Ok fair enough, your mod afterall :)

If you want to change/add a texture you can either (i) edit the existing one (check licence) , (ii) do a new texture based around the existing one but make sure the name is the same so replace the original or (iii) to completely change it you’d need to redo in something like blender and then recompile in unity.

I use Blender and Unity, and when I start making engines in the future, I'll use blender. But my problem is that I see a lot of videos on YouTube of how to make textures, but I can not import the textures  Unity.

I've made a new mod

But this mod will be always by untextured

4 hours ago, Kion said:

because I don't know (yet) how to put textures

That's essentially what I'm asking. You probably will learn how to use textures at some point; are you then going to announce the addition of textures to this mod? Seems fairly likely given how much better it would look. At that point it would be bad if the identifier we used for this in CKAN was "No-Texture-CST-100". But if we take off the "No-Texture" part, all that's left is "CST-100", which is pretty generic and easy to confuse with another mod that's already indexed.

I guess what I'm hoping for here is some kind of clever branding. What about "Kions-CST-100"?

27 minutes ago, Kion said:

this mod will not have textures

OK, thanks. Next question, do you really intend for this to be used only on KSP 1.8? Currently the short description says that, but the actual game version field says otherwise:

B3RF8tN.png

The game version can be edited to fix this if you really want it to say 1.8.

9 minutes ago, Kion said:

the 1.11.0 is the version that I tested the mod.

OK, so the description is outdated? Should it say, "this mod is for 1.11.x"?

9 minutes ago, Kion said:

but if it is really necessary, I'll change it

No, it's not necessary, I'm just trying to understand your intentions.

3 minutes ago, Kion said:

this mod id«s for 1.8.x

16 minutes ago, Kion said:

the 1.11.0 is the version that I tested the mod.

Can you please help me to understand how these two statments can make sense together? You say it's for 1.8.x, and then you say it's for 1.11.0. Do you mean 1.8 through 1.11, including versions in between?

Partially agree with you, but really what he should do is not release it until it has textures and it's complete.

Just my thoughts though. I haven't installed the mod so i don't know what to expect.

11 hours ago, alberro+ said:

You've already said that you don't know how to make textures, but... why? Why would you make an entire mod, and just leave it unfinished?

On 4/25/2021 at 11:09 AM, HebaruSan said:

That's essentially what I'm asking. You probably will learn how to use textures at some point; are you then going to announce the addition of textures to this mod? Seems fairly likely given how much better it would look. At that point it would be bad if the identifier we used for this in CKAN was "No-Texture-CST-100". But if we take off the "No-Texture" part, all that's left is "CST-100", which is pretty generic and easy to confuse with another mod that's already indexed.

I guess what I'm hoping for here is some kind of clever branding. What about "Kions-CST-100"?

Honestly, I think it will be very confusing for some users. there's already @VoidCosmoswith his mod that he adopted, and @DylanSemrau is releasing an amazing new starliner soon under the name "Boring Crew Services." if he adds his to CKAN, there will be 3. so yeah, agreed. some difference would be nice.

11 hours ago, alberro+ said:

You've already said that you don't know how to make textures, but... why? Why would you make an entire mod, and just leave it unfinished?

Yes

It would be a good idea to complete it first and then post it over here. Also, if you need help with texturing or anything else, you could also ask us over here and we will try our best to help you out. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.