[1.8.0 - 1.10.x] NO-Texture CST-100

Kion

Hello! First off congrats on actually getting the parts in game in the first place, a lot of people don’t even get that far! :D 

Now this is my opinion, but I feel like this mod is just obsolete if it doesn’t add anything new or different. We already have one released Starliner mod, and then another brand new (year old but still) mod on the way. I’m just curious if there’s anything that would be different about this besides the lack of textures?

[snip]

Hey hey

Hold on 

Spoiler

My first actual mod was actually a unfinished waste of space too ngl. That is exactly why I didn't want to release it

He could be really up to something good. We all learn from our mistakes after all. Maybe, he could make another unique mod in the future that every one of use may enjoy. You can never know. 

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

On 4/26/2021 at 10:39 AM, VoidCosmos said:

Hey hey

Hold on 

Hide contents

My first actual mod was actually a unfinished waste of space too ngl. That is exactly why I didn't want to release it

He could be really up to something good. We all learn from our mistakes after all. Maybe, he could make another unique mod in the future that every one of use may enjoy. You can never know. 

I hope he can improve it, maybe make an actual Starliner. 

Edited by alberro+
Redacted by moderator

t23iHBW.png

After some consideration, and some advice from a friend, I've come to the conclusion that yeah, I was too harsh. It's a very basic model, without textures, but all modders start off somewhere. I hope OP can improve and make this a genuinely impressive mod. I'm looking forward to seeing you improve your models, textures, and quality overall. Cheers.

A fair amount of content has been redacted and/or removed, due to being some combination of unconstructive, off-topic, and backseat moderating.

Folks, modders are free to make what they want to.  It's their stuff, so they can do what they like.

If you like a mod, then you can use it.  If you don't like it, then don't use it.  If you have positive, constructive things to say, for example how you think the mod could be improved, then of course that's fine to say.

What's not okay is to criticize a modder's decision about their own stuff.  "I think it would be nicer if you did X" is fine, but "you shouldn't be doing what you're doing" is not-- it's not your place to tell someone what they should or shouldn't be doing with their own stuff.  You're not an arbiter of the forum, it's not your place to decide what people should or shouldn't be posting.  You're not the gatekeeper.  Trying to "gatekeep" is unhelpful, inappropriate, and makes the forum a less friendly and less welcoming place for everyone.  So, please don't do that.

Remember that every modder who posts something here-- regardless of whether you happen to like it or not-- is someone who put work into doing something that was likely challenging for them, and then had the courage to post it publicly.  So, criticizing them for that seems like a pretty poor way to show appreciation.

If you have positive words of encouragement, or suggestions for improvement, great.  If you don't care for it, then nobody's putting a gun to your head, just stroll on by and find some other mod that's more to your taste.

Thank you for your understanding.

Most people come into this venture asking to be spoon fed on how to create parts and get them in game, then give up halfway through after people have put their time and effort into helping them. Kion, you seem to have done this off your own back and have got your parts in game, so you're ahead of most of the field, so if you're enjoying yourself then hats off to you.

One thing I'd suggest is, maybe, to mark your hard edge loops and apply smooth modifiers to the round surfaces like the outside wall of the pod.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.