When can I re-download KSP?

jm_turbo

1 hour ago, Wiborg said:

Well, the store is online (actually has been the whole time), but only the Steam purchase is available, also trying to access my account, I get the below. Makes me think if there has been some kind of attack, problems, hack, etc. Especially due to the very loud silence from the Team. 
Maybe, I  should try to see if I can move my key to Steam, as it is from 2015, so might be valid. 

What happened?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.

Most likely NOT an attack... Most likely just trying to integrate the original KSP Store accounts into the new site.. (hopefully, anways)

And as to moving your "key" to Steam, unless you originally bought it thru Steam, this most likely wont happen... Its been made clear, long ago, that KSP Store purchases (and other sites) of KSP & DLCs cannot be moved to Steam accounts.

3 hours ago, Wiborg said:

Maybe, I  should try to see if I can move my key to Steam, as it is from 2015, so might be valid. 

https://support.privatedivision.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037225854--Kerbal-Space-Program-I-bought-the-game-on-the-KSP-Store-but-I-want-it-on-Steam-Will-you-give-me-a-Steam-Key

This says you can only transfer to Steam if you purchased before March 20th, 2013.

Edited by darkeye22
fixed url

Unfortunately we do not yet have an updated ETA on maintenance completion at this time. Our apologies for this continued inconvenience. If you are in need of assistance while these features are down, please reach out to our support team at [email protected]

42 minutes ago, KSPStar said:

Unfortunately we do not yet have an updated ETA on maintenance completion at this time. Our apologies for this continued inconvenience. If you are in need of assistance while these features are down, please reach out to our support team at [email protected]

Already tried that, but no reply ;.; 

Would very much like access to download my files for a reinstall, pleaseeee. 

1 hour ago, KSPStar said:

Could you tell us what you’re doing, or why it was announced that it was completed last week?

I understand that this may relate to user information, and that you may not be able to 

Is there ANY workaround, any possible way to download the game while the site is down? Because I just deleted my ksp folder because I borked it up with mods
EDIT: Thankfully I had a spare copy of the installer, thank the KSP gods(and jeb)

Edited by Thingyman

On 5/3/2021 at 1:31 PM, Budgie said:

Could you tell us what you’re doing, or why it was announced that it was completed last week?

I understand that this may relate to user information, and that you may not be able to 

Unfortunately I do not have any further information at this time.  I will continue to update the thread as I receive more information.  

Well thanks for the update at the very least. I sure hope this doesn't drag on for weeks and weeks.

I sent support an email Saturday night and am still waiting for a reply. Considering that it was the weekend I wouldn't expect a reply for another day or two, though.

6 hours ago, KSPStar said:

Unfortunately I do not have any further information. :(  

Seriously??? :/ 

Not been able access a bought product and for more than a week, we have tried to get support and answers and all we get is "Sorry, no information"!!!! ;.;
This is what I would have expected from a low ranking software company, not from the KSP Team. This sort of answers really is damaging to a companies reputation.

I have bought a product, I cannot access it, support does not reply to emails, Community manager on the forums only answer is "no information". How am I as a customer now expected to react to this? Please tell me??

At what point do they start running into a legal issue of not allowing purchasers to download an item they purchased?  Wouldn't this start getting into fraud territory?  Obviously the KSP team isn't fraudulent, but when its down for this long without an alternative means of accessing the product you paid for, it really starts to look sketchy, especially with the lack of updates.

Wish I had moved to steam when it was possible to do so. With the account page as it is I can't download the game nor make the transfer. I guess it's been two years since I last played kerbal and the version is long outdated, but now can't have an up to date version when I would like to play it again.

31 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

I guess people just dont know enuff to take advantage of the best part of the KSP Store, and hang onto those wonderful self-contained no-nonsense, DRM-free .zip files... ;)

That was one of the main reasons I bought the game from the KSP store after initially getting it on Steam.

One thing I prefer about the Steam version, though, is that with the correct knowledge and tools, any version from 0.19 onwards can be downloaded from the Steam servers.

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

I guess people just dont know enuff to take advantage of the best part of the KSP Store, and hang onto those wonderful self-contained no-nonsense, DRM-free .zip files... ;)

Which one of my downloads of 0.13.3 through 1.11.0 gets me the current version? :/

42 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

...and hang onto those wonderful self-contained no-nonsense, DRM-free .zip files... ;)

Not everyone wants to obsessively hoard zip files ya know... ;)

I will admit that was part of the reason why I stuck with the KSP store and have never taken the steam key. (I bought KSP back in 2012 when Steam wasn't an option.) 8 or so years later I've realized that, while it's nice to have the option to download older versions, I really only care to play the latest version and have never even taken advantage of the option to download older versions. I also had no reason to believe that, after a few years of not playing KSP, when I returned I wouldn't be able to download the latest version that had been released only a month and a half ago. :/

I should mention that technically the steam version is DRM-free, but... I know what you mean haha

For everybody who has this issue, I sent a request to support asking if there was a way for me to be provided with an alternate download link, as well as the 1020 error.  This was the response:

The maintenance for the KSP account service has been extended to resolve an ongoing issue, preventing access to the login and store page for the time being. You may see an Error 1020 rather than a maintenance notification, this is due to some ongoing changes being made. The error will disappear once the service is back online.

Your account is not affected by this issue, but you will not be able to access it for the duration of the maintenance.

We appreciate your patience as we continue to resolve these problems and thank you for your understanding. An email will be sent out once the maintenance has concluded.

So, not much new.....but that's from an email I received about 15 minutes ago.

I hadn't played KSP in a while and wanted to download the newest version.  Last week, I must have logged in when the site was active for a short period of time, and was able to download it.  Now, I'm trying to spend a little money on the site and purchase the Breaking Ground expansion, but no such luck. It makes me wonder how much this is costing them to have the store down. I'm sure there are those who have come to the site to purchase the game, only to not be able to, and those like myself who are wanting to buy the add-ons.  For those buying the game, they have the option to purchase it on Steam or GOG, but there are those who don't wish to use those sites. The folks who have already bought the game on the KSP store, but just want to buy the expansions are out of luck until the site is up and running again. I'm certain though that some will just not spend the money when it is as some software purchases are just spur of the moment things. Hopefully they get this worked out soon.

2 hours ago, razark said:

Which one of my downloads of 0.13.3 through 1.11.0 gets me the current version? :/

But if you grab the current version as soon as it releases, even if you dont install & play it... you'll have it till the next one... if the Store goes down, at least you'll only be one version behind... or if you bor your install, you'ld still have the latest version to reinstall :P

18 hours ago, darkeye22 said:

Well thanks for the update at the very least. I sure hope this doesn't drag on for weeks and weeks.

There's currently a back-end issue that the team is looking into. We hope to have this resolved within the next few days. 

14 hours ago, Wiborg said:

I have bought a product, I cannot access it, support does not reply to emails, Community manager on the forums only answer is "no information". How am I as a customer now expected to react to this? Please tell me??

Hello Wiborg, We understand your frustration. Know that the team is working hard to get everything back up as soon as possible. I have been updating this thread as I receive new information, and I will continue to do so as I receive updated information. 

I'm totally baffled as to how TakeTwo can't simply email us zips of the current version. That side, I look forward to the significant discount on KSP2 we'll all be getting....right?