Rovers! Post your pictures here!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 12:40 PM, Zacspace said:

What did you do to make it that small? No chance you actually play on a tiny screen like that. It looks like your screenshot is hosted on the KSP wiki for some reason, that might be related.

Most people on here upload screenshots to imgur. You can drag them out of your screenshots folder or wherever onto the upload button there, no account required. Then you paste a link to the picture in a comment and it will show big like everyone else's.

OK, here they are:

KdZf5HD.png

Here is my deep-sea kerbin rover, stranded, was testing it to get it to the slimy rim and win a challenge, but didn't work out, plus, Jeb & Val are stuck in their seats due to part clipping

On 3/13/2022 at 4:04 PM, Vanamonde said:

Try hosting it on Imgur, as Zacspace suggests. 

800px-2021-12-18_(1).png

And here is the original one

@Zacspaceand @Vanamonde hope you're glad to see them

Edited by Jeb x Valentina

had an idea for a new rover. It's the sort of thing I would have built when I was first starting the game, but with the experience of the me that's now. It's fast, easy to drive, and very durable.

I'm using the RoveMax wheels for their incredible glitch speed and also for their huge superstructure which on this rover acts as a highly effective rollcage. It's got 2 of the large reaction wheels which it needs in order to steer and also keep it pointed the right direction practically no matter what, allowing it to cruise around at ridiculous speed without any care in the world. It seats 6, 2 in the command pod up front and 4 in seats in the center section. It's got every experiment and the ability to refuel itself.

On the runway I got it up to 85m/s, but on most other bodies I've tried it on it gets to 60-70m/s. Under physics warp, the speed drops to about half, so You're better off at 1x driving long distances.

iBWj3OH.png

UioEMfl.png

b8qKIei.png

Edited by Zacspace

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made a rover using Infernal Robotics yesterday, it was inspired by Curiosity!

Since I'm in Sandbox, this is all just for fun, I really like how it turned out, and using robotics is cool!

Feel free to give me feedback on it!

:)

Kerbal_Space_Program_11_07_2022_20_39_27Kerbal_Space_Program_11_07_2022_20_40_14Kerbal_Space_Program_11_07_2022_20_40_26

Edited by CosmicCalamity

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The gas truck I landed on Ike back in May 2022 broke.  After stiffening its replacement landed on Ike.  Since I'm a lousy pilot it came in retrograde and landed 26k away from Ike base.  This gave me the opportunity to stress test the new gas truck on the way over there and it did just fine.  90 tons of whee!

ecALmvz.jpg

3piVQTg.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my rover, the "M35 MAKO" from mass effect 1

Mods used are "Restock" and "Restock +"

Side view

4pGqtPP.png

Diagonal view

8JdjdoX.png

Diagonal view

wpSjLDn.png

Back view

52AYm1X.png

Internal view left

XpJsvGP.png

Internal view right

LK6QovA.png

Edited by Lu Lu

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

6GzB5u6.png

the small rover Cigar. It's made to be a minimalistic lander for small planets, with rover capabilities. it's not a great rover, quite frail, but in only 4 tons it has a decent deltaV and thrust as rocket, while being able to move on the ground and run science

R8hn9MY.png

qbJnKeZ.png

• 3 weeks later...

Mostly my Muscle rovers directed to speed and high strong suspencion. But this prototype has lack of speed, like only 30 m/s average, but has realy good maneuverability, so it has other friction and suspencion settings. And another image of this "Hoonicorn" but wrecked, HELL YEAH! i love wreck cars! So after i get a lot money, im going to design a skycrane system and will send it to Duna for real, like any other Muscle rover.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's some rovers I made some time ago: 

NJJv3XR.pngib4qeFc.pngfafUgmy.png

Pretty proud of what me from 3 years ago was able to build, and excited to get back into KSP again :)

Edited by Jaq