What was your first craft?

Maria Sirona

I'm asking here what was the first ever craft you built in KSP. Not your first craft to get into a stable orbit, not your first craft that flew to the Mun, nononono.

What i'm asking is what was your first craft you ever have built in KSP like.

Mine was an mk1 command pod on top of a 1,25 to 2,5 meter fuel tank adapter, which was on top of a 2,5-3,75 meter adapter. After that came a stage decoupler, and under that was a Rhino engine. Yeah. My first craft had a decoupler on the wrong side of an engine. The first stage wich had the second stage engine attached to it was basically an mk3 lox tank with another rhino, and then it also had 4 boosters- that had not been attached with symmetry mode. Can you spot the two newby beginner mistakes there?

Oh, and it did not even have enough thrust to lift itself off the pad.

I don’t have pics unfortunately.

Command pod: Mk 3 with no heat sheild, and an Mk 25 chute.

Service module: Reaction wheel, battery, oversized tank and 3x terriers.

Stage 3: Rhino engine precariously attached to one of the terriers(not aligned with CoM), with a RW and heat sheild facing the decoupler.

Stage 2: 2 massive 3.75 meter tanks and a mammoth. I used the same technique, RW under a heat sheild facing the decoupler

Stage 1: 4x radially attached twin boars, no struts.

It never got above 5 km. I wondered why.

Edited by Wizard Kerbal
Damn now i wanna recreate this beast

It was a long time ago but I seem to remember following the tutorial so would have been that one. For one I did on my own, was probably Mk1 pod & SRB (there may not have been a parachute used so you can imagine the outcome). 

I  (and I'm sure many others who started career mode) am sure my first craft was a Mk1 Command Pod, sat on top of a RT-5 Flea SRB, with a MK16 parachute on top.

Maybe a goo cannister or two on either side. 

And most definitely incorrectly staged, so that the parachute deployed at the same time the rocket fired.  You know you've done it.

My first craft was a command pod on top of two Hammer SRBs. It got to space and I was happy for about two minutes until I crashed back into the ground because I forgot a parachute

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.