What would i need to upgrade/replace for a higher FPS?

i have 180 mods, and yes that is the root problem. i dont have the self control to stop adding mods and i dont have the heart to remove any

theres nothing wrong with my install, i just want 30 fps, not 3

i use my moms lenovo ideapad 310, 1 terabyte of storage and 12 gigs of ram, since its old and my moms i dont know if she made any sort of upgrades or replacements before i got my 64 bit KSP install

full product listing right here: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-300-series/Ideapad-310-15/p/88IP3000719

if you need anything else let me know!

3 minutes ago, Souptime said:

i have 180 mods, and yes that is the root problem. i dont have the self control to stop adding mods and i dont have the heart to remove any

i use my moms lenovo ideapad 310, 1 terabyte of storage and 12 gigs of ram, since its old and my moms i dont know if she made any sort of upgrades or replacements before i got my 64 bit KSP install

full product listing right here: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-300-series/Ideapad-310-15/p/88IP3000719

if you need anything else let me know!

There isn’t “one” thing you can change with your situation. If you want an improvement with no change to the game, you’d need an entirely different computer because you’re on a laptop. 
Really you need a better GPU. I think you should try removing all you graphics mods. EVE, Parallax, Scatterer, etc. 

5 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

There isn’t “one” thing you can change with your situation. If you want an improvement with no change to the game, you’d need an entirely different computer because you’re on a laptop. 
Really you need a better GPU. I think you should try removing all you graphics mods. EVE, Parallax, Scatterer, etc. 

i have no graphics mods

the only thing i ahve is spectra and eve and they dont work

and new gaming pc's are expensive

and i dont have the heart to abandon the laptop after all its been through

its like a brother to me

21 minutes ago, Souptime said:

i have no graphics mods

the only thing i ahve is spectra and eve and they dont work

and new gaming pc's are expensive

and i dont have the heart to abandon the laptop after all its been through

its like a brother to me

That's unfortunate. There really isn't anything you can do then other than remove some mods. I would start with those that you just mentioned. Then go through your modlist and ask yourself "do i actually use this?" Also, if there are processor-heavy plugin mods, maybe consider doing something about those. 

Since you have a laptop, there is no way to improve it.

15 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

That's unfortunate. There really isn't anything you can do then other than remove some mods. I would start with those that you just mentioned. Then go through your modlist and ask yourself "do i actually use this?" Also, if there are processor-heavy plugin mods, maybe consider doing something about those. 

Since you have a laptop, there is no way to improve it.

guess i'll stick with 3 fps then :sad:

3 minutes ago, Souptime said:

10 more ideapds than me...

i'm actually not too sure what's the difference, all I know is that

• both have been discontinued
  • both can have 12 GB RAM
  • both have the same CPU options
1 hour ago, Souptime said:

Try the FPS limiter in settings / settings.cfg, I set mine to 

FRAMERATE_LIMIT = 60

instead of the default 120, reduces the number of frames for your computer to process. You can also set it to "-1" which the game somehow interprets as 30FPS in this case

14 minutes ago, Souptime said:

10 more ideapds than me...

Same CPU, same max RAM amount, similar (but not the same) graphics cards

On 4/30/2021 at 6:17 AM, Kerbal Productions said:

Here's what to upgrade:

CPU and GPU. (period)

Erh no.

KSP is a singlethread CPU hog, with RAM and GPU memory bandwidth as second issue.

The problem in this case is that Laptops suck when it comes to this kind of upgrades.

The only thing you can do is getting an SSD if you don't have one already.

I recommend saving up some cash (or even scrounge some bins, you'd be amazed what people throw away) and start to build a stationary.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.