Show and Tell - Mun terrain work

StarSlay3r

Ya! I like the Mun!

[snip] my mind is blown. I couldn't tell if this was real or not. 

Whoever is working on the Mun, shout out to them!

Edited by Vanamonde
Mind the language, please.

Just now, KSPStar said:

Everything seen in Show and Tell videos/pictures is WIP. :)

Yeah well there's WIP and then there's heavily WIP. ;) 

The background in the Power Plants clip for example looked fabulous, and the Pol flyovers also. I've no doubt you'll get the Mun scenery looking as good close up as those, or even better. The space views are terrific already.

11 minutes ago, Brikoleur said:

Looks terrific from space. I suspect the ground view is still heavily WIP.

I am curious what the LOD is going to be like when zooming in or out. I am not a fan of the way KSP currently does it with the high-res textures in the more recent updates. Zoomed out a boulder looks like it is 1 kilometer across, but as you zoom in the very same boulder gets smaller and smaller until it is 10 meters across.

Edited by MechBFP

5 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

I am curious what the LOD is going to be like when zooming in or out. I am not a fan of the way KSP currently does it with the high-res textures in the more recent updates. Zoomed out a boulder looks like it is 1 kilometer across, but as you zoom in the very same boulder gets smaller and smaller until it is 10 meters across.

i think the major details are going to be the same, like a big boulder, but then as you zoom in, the lower detail boulder comes into higher detail, but doesn't lose it's size. this is my idea of a fix for that anyway.

Just now, SpaceFace545 said:

Would you guys mind giving us a timetable for release or a roadmap. I feel like you guys show us stuff every few weeks but there isn't any basis or explanation of the content. A slick roadmap would be very much appreciated.

Good luck. My prediction stands, fall 2022.

4 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Would you guys mind giving us a timetable for release or a roadmap. I feel like you guys show us stuff every few weeks but there isn't any basis or explanation of the content. A slick roadmap would be very much appreciated.

Won't happen, this isn't an indie game that is looking to raise kick starter funds.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.