Show and Tell - Mun terrain work

StarSlay3r

16 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

I really really really really hope we get something like MOARdV's Avionics Systems, and for big ships, I really really wish we get to move inside the ship in 0 g like on the ISS, and not for show, but for doing something, like operating science from inside the capsule and such.

There's actually a mod for that in KSP but its very early access and not man capsules are done yet. Just type Free IVA into the search bar

Edited by Kerminator K-100
hey llok new page

2 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

there must be a fine balance gameplay wise, seeing what you’re doing while landing in a deep crater or on the night side.

Real engines emit light. And if the devs do their job, also should in ksp2, unlike stock ksp where manually placed light sources are needed for nighttime landings.

5 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Real engines emit light. And if the devs do their job, also should in ksp2, unlike stock ksp where manually placed light sources are needed for nighttime landings.

True, but I often light and kill my engines on low-gravity bodies, and find it visually helpful to see how my vessel is oriented, so Id still probably use tracking and landing lights. Illumination from engines would be clutch though. 

6 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

I don't expect them to do it. It's just that, with the whole multiplayer thing. I'd like to think that after building a huge base or a huge space station, you'll get to explore the insides with a friend. I don't know, I have this insane assumption that the multiplayer it's gonna have a focus on roleplaying with a friend in a close kerbal view. Like a mixture of rocket design and Subnautica.

It would be a shame to build big inflatable domes and bigger towers covered with windows but never get to look out of those windows or stroll around inside.

18 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

I don't expect them to do it. It's just that, with the whole multiplayer thing. I'd like to think that after building a huge base or a huge space station, you'll get to explore the insides with a friend. I don't know, I have this insane assumption that the multiplayer it's gonna have a focus on roleplaying with a friend in a close kerbal view. Like a mixture of rocket design and Subnautica.

If multiplayer would include inside views why would single player not? it would just be a wasted opportunity 

2 hours ago, Iron Kerman said:

If multiplayer would include inside views why would single player not? it would just be a wasted opportunity 

Sorry english is not my first language. I didn't mean only single player would have that feature. I meant that, since they're developing multiplayer for KSP2, a cool way of having meaningful gameplay, would be just kerballing around with friends both inside and outside the ship/bases doing science task, fixing/adding stuff and flying from IVA.

Edited by Sesshaku

On 4/30/2021 at 11:41 AM, KSPStar said:

Unfortunately we do not currently have the ability to publicly share a roadmap or a more specific ETA for release at this time. For now, we can only say 2022. 

I'll take that answer that just means we get at least ~30 more showcases of KSP 2 :D 

Edited by Guest
more accurate number

On 4/30/2021 at 1:41 PM, KSPStar said:

Unfortunately we do not currently have the ability to publicly share a roadmap or a more specific ETA for release at this time. For now, we can only say 2022. 

Meta information!!! Hell yeah! 

We can interpret this to mean they are working hard to avoid a 2023 release. 

7 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I'll take that answer that just means we get at least ~30 more showcases of KSP 2 :D 

YOOOOO, I REALLY WANT SOME PART DEV PICTURES
@KSPStar can you possibly provide a button/feature that lets us make say a 3000 part rocket to 1 part?
I don't know how that will work but that will remove EXTREME LAG OF 3000 PARTS. :) 

13 hours ago, Weak Player said:

YOOOOO, I REALLY WANT SOME PART DEV PICTURES
@KSPStar can you possibly provide a button/feature that lets us make say a 3000 part rocket to 1 part?
I don't know how that will work but that will remove EXTREME LAG OF 3000 PARTS. :) 

I can assure you the developers are already keenly aware of the issues with KSP 1, lol.

1 hour ago, MechBFP said:

I can assure you the developers are already keenly aware of the issues with KSP 1, lol.

And more than that, big structures and ships this time are part of the intended gameplay, so your 2 KM ship is not going to be build out of 2000 1m long and out of place plane parts.

On this we all agree. KSP2 needs to be a lot more efficient and optimized than KSP1. Even in something as simple as loading. KSP, on an m2 SSD, with 10-15 mods,  takes more time to load than games like Civ VI, or CK3. I don't know how or what they did in KSP1, but it's the most inefficient build i've ever seen.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.