Show and Tell - Mun terrain work

StarSlay3r

1 hour ago, Deddly said:

Speak for yourself ;)

I know that there will be people building 1:1 Death Stars out of 0.625m nosecones, I was talking about "normal" gameplay, like colonial ships.

19 hours ago, Weak Player said:

@KSPStar can you possibly provide a button/feature that lets us make say a 3000 part rocket to 1 part?

Can I personally provide that? No. But that's because I'm not the one making the game. :p I'm just the one snagging and sharing the cool dev team content. 

3 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

@KSPStaryour Rep is 777

:valawe: Nice! 

4 hours ago, KSPStar said:

Can I personally provide that? No. But that's because I'm not the one making the game. :p I'm just the one snagging and sharing the cool dev team content. 

:valawe: Nice! 

Does this mean we can start probing you for meta-meta-information and you can get it for us?

6 hours ago, KSPStar said:

It would be interesting to hear how the team addresses this though. Something like the orbit tessellation essay?

18 hours ago, Wubslin said:

Does this mean we can start probing you for meta-meta-information and you can get it for us?

I am always keeping an eye on what the community is talking about/asking for. If there is an opportunity to follow up on those conversations with a Show and Tell or by replying with more information, we will do so.  :) 

5 minutes ago, KSPStar said:

I am always keeping an eye on what the community is talking about/asking for. If there is an opportunity to follow up on those conversations with a Show and Tell or by replying with more information, we will do so.  :) 

A small group is already identifying star and guessing if there are star systems are not. 

Just now, Dr. Kerbal said:

A small group is already identifying star and guessing if there are star systems are not. 

I wonder if some, if not all ksp2 stars except kerbol have numbering names like ''Kliese 581c'' or ''Kestermund-12'' or normal ones, personally I would welcome both options

3 hours ago, KSPStar said:

def directiveClassfied('Kerbal Space Program 2, KSP 2, KSPStar, Release Date, Nate Simpson') {

monitorTrack("https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/")

console.log(monitorTrack)

}

*tracking mode active*

Edited by Atomic Engineer

3 hours ago, KSPStar said:

We really appreciate that. And hey, you just gave us direct meta-meta-information!

A very large number of posts that were all basically just repetitions of "It's Friday!" were removed, since it ballooned to the point that it was making the thread unreadable, in addition to using giant flashy walls of gifs that are potentially medically dangerous for some people.

Folks, it's great that you're excited about KSP, and we're happy to see your enthusiasm.  :)

However... please try to remember that the purpose of this thread-- like any thread in the forum-- is to provide a place to discuss a topic.  The large majority of your fellow KSP forum members who come to the thread are doing so because they want to read about the topic.  And if you've blown up the thread with multi-page torrents of contentless fluff... well, we understand you're enthusiastic and that's great, but it does get in the way of fellow users being able to enjoy the thread for the purpose with which it was intended.  Yes, I'm sure we're all well aware of what day it is, so no need to point that out ad infinitum, okay?

So, please try to be mindful of forum rule 2.2.o:

Any variation on the type of message that is used to needlessly bump threads, raise ones own account visibility and/or increase post count;

On a more serious note:  Part of this outpouring of enthusiasm involved posting giant walls of obnoxiously flashy gifs (saying "IT'S FRIDAY!").  I'm sure nobody meant any harm here, and probably just thought it was harmless fun.  However, please be aware that this can cause potentially serious medical problems for people who may have photosensitivity problems with flashing images.  From forum rule 5.2:

Some people are photosensitive and can be adversely affected by extremely "flashy" animations. In severe cases, this may actually trigger a seizure, which can be dangerous. We want to keep the forum a welcoming place for all, so please try to avoid extremely "flashy" images in your avatar, signature, profile background, and posts. We understand this may be difficult for someone to judge who doesn't have such problems, but if you use animations in such places, a moderator may request that you change it if there's concern that it may cause problems for someone.

So, please don't do that.

In short:

• Nobody's in trouble, but
  • please try to stay on topic and have something meaningful to say, and
  • please avoid posting excessively flashy animations.

Thank you for your understanding.

4 hours ago, Snark said:

A very large number of posts that were all basically just repetitions of "It's Friday!" were removed, since it ballooned to the point that it was making the thread unreadable, in addition to using giant flashy walls of gifs that are potentially medically dangerous for some people.

Sorry about Gif bombing, I was just excited. I'll try to keep it in mind when I comment.

For the record, I would like to see something else aside from ground.

Don't get me wrong, it's all great and better than I could imagine, but there are quite a lot of other aspects of the game to be shown.

5 hours ago, The Aziz said:

For the record, I would like to see something else aside from ground.

Don't get me wrong, it's all great and better than I could imagine, but there are quite a lot of other aspects of the game to be shown.

Agreed! Prior to this post we've shown:
New power generation modules for colonies, colony fuel factories, new engine exhaust effects, a Kerbal materials experiment, clouds, and Pol terrain work

and we've got more non-ground content in the works as well. :)

Ahem ^  

On 5/8/2021 at 4:46 AM, Snark said:

Some people are photosensitive and can be adversely affected by extremely "flashy" animations.

I know a regular user of these forums (not me) with photosensitive epilepsy, so this is NOT a theoretical issue. Perhaps you could hit the Community Manager (author of said GIF) with the clue bat?

On-topic: The Mun looks good.

Just now, Spaceman.Spiff said:

It was causing issue for people with photosensitivity disorders. It will probably come back in a static or less flashy form. 

Due to the feedback received, we won't be asking the team to create a replacement emoji. While we are happy that everyone is excited for Show and Tell posts, we also want to make sure that we're not creating any issues for forum members, nor the mods. It's also important that we keep threads focused on the topic, and the emoji spam has been causing distraction from the conversation.

17 minutes ago, KSPStar said:

Due to the feedback received, we won't be asking the team to create a replacement emoji. While we are happy that everyone is excited for Show and Tell posts, we also want to make sure that we're not creating any issues for forum members, nor the mods. It's also important that we keep threads focused on the topic, and the emoji spam has been causing distraction from the conversation.

That's great to know, sad there won't be a replacement. But it still will be a "Friday celebration" every other friday!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.