[1.12.X] Ziegler Launch System v1.1.1 - Stockalike Astra Rocket 3.x

EStreetRockets

QpX8j2Y.png

Picture by @Zarbon44

Stockalike Astra Rocket 3.x
v1.1.1 (26 May 2021)

A Small Collaboration Between @Beale and @EStreetRockets

This mod adds the Astra Rocket 3.x to the game in a stockalike style. It is meant to mesh well with Luciole, Bluedog Design Bureau, and other stockalike mods.

Gallery

Spoiler

DOWNLOADS
Spacedock
Github
Bug Reports

Support for SAF provided by @blowfish

Dependencies (included in download, check for latest versions!):

Simple Adjustable Fairings - used for hard fairings.
DeployableEngines - provides small modules for engines.

Installation

Merge the GameData folder in the release .ZIP with the GameData folder in your KSP installation.
All of the dependencies come included with the mod.

The "EStreet_Rocket3x" folder, as well all dependencies, should appear alongside the "Squad" folder.

Compatability

Ziegler Launch System comes with support for WaterfallFX.  You use it for a complete experience and better engine plumes.

Frequently Asked Questions

How are the parts balanced?
Parts are balanced against stock KSP parts, which means the launch vehicles might seem overpowered. The parts are best suited for a 2.5x~ system rescale or JNSQ.

Licensing:

Spoiler

This mod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

This means that you are free to:

-Copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format -Remix, transform, and build upon the material

Under the following terms:

-You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. -You may not use the material for commercial purposes. -If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original. -You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.

Edited by EStreetRockets

6 minutes ago, EStreetRockets said:

This mod adds the Astra Rocket 3.x to the game in a stockalike style. It is meant to mesh well with Luciole, Bluedog Design Bureau, and other stockalike mods.

Very cool! 
Does it come with imbalanced fuel loads on the second stage?:wink:

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff

AWESOME! Been waiting for an astra mod for a while. I’m in 1.10 but i’m still installing! :)

I’m primarily a ULA fan, but I loved Astra’s attempt in the DARPA challenge. Love the company, and it’s good to see another small-sat launch provider.

Edited by CollectingSP

I tried this out in JNSQ yesterday. It's textured beautifully, it assembles perfectly, and works as advertised. I just tried it in a sandbox game, so no comments on price/tree placement. Anyway, this is a great addition, thank you!

One question: the upper stage has an engine module in the staging list, but I couldn't figure out what it's for. Nothing was different with it activated or not activated, so idk if I have something installed incorrectly or its purpose just went over my head...

8 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I tried this out in JNSQ yesterday. It's textured beautifully, it assembles perfectly, and works as advertised. I just tried it in a sandbox game, so no comments on price/tree placement. Anyway, this is a great addition, thank you!

One question: the upper stage has an engine module in the staging list, but I couldn't figure out what it's for. Nothing was different with it activated or not activated, so idk if I have something installed incorrectly or its purpose just went over my head...

Same thing happened to me about the upper stage. 

Edited by CollectingSP

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, EStreetRockets said:

Completed a stretched Stage 1 tank, per Chris Kemp's remarks in his NSF interview.

unknown.png?width=202&height=479

would it be possible that we could get ''ahistorical'' parts like nosecones for astra boosters and a lengthened 2nd stage?

5 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

would it be possible that we could get ''ahistorical'' parts like nosecones for astra boosters and a lengthened 2nd stage?

Yeeeeessss I second this.

parts for rockets 1 and 2 possibly?

On 6/9/2021 at 3:40 PM, Starhelperdude said:

On 6/9/2021 at 8:43 PM, CollectingSP said:

parts for rockets 1 and 2 possibly?

Nosecones are a possibility and would probably be the nosecones from Rocket 1.0 or 2.0. I'm certainly not making all new tanks and engine parts for Rockets 1.0 and 2.0, but I may make the nosecones. However, I am considering including parts for Rockets 4.0 and 5.0 when imagery and information comes out next year.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.