Co-dev for open-source mod required

Hey fellow developers!

I'm developing Kerbol Launcher, unofficial KSP Launcher which main feature will be managing multiple game versions and modpacks.

For example:

•  Let 1.11.2 version instance have modpacks:
    • RSS-Pack
      • RealSolarSystem
      • RealSolarSystemVisualEnhancements
      • RealismOverhaul
    • Performance
      • RealismOverhaul
  • Let 1.8.1 version instance have modpacks:
    • Foo
      • Generic outdated mods which are not working on 1.11.2
    • Bar
      • Generic outdated mods which are not working on 1.11.2

And now with multiple instances added to launcher and easy-to-use modpack feature you can switch between everything in few clicks.

Cool, isn't it? I hope you got the point.

Now let me explain why I need an active co-dev.

*I'm not a KSP mod dev*

Basically launcher has to communicate somehow with KSP to load different GameData (squadexpansions/squad will be copied when creating new modpack) folders or ideally load both different GameData and modpack folder. (GameData will be for squadexpansions/squad and modpack folder for mods)

If that's not possible I will have to dynamically copy modpack folder into GameData which is time and resource consuming, way too resource consuming for a launcher.

Mod has to be compatible with most releases, ideally should work with versions from 5 years ago.

Modpack directory will be exposed through launch options (argv). It's the easiest and the most elegant option for this kind of thing.

I don't have any hard deadline, but would like to release first alpha in late June or early/mid July.

I hope it's obvious that you won't get paid, however we can try setting up donations when launcher gets little hype.

For more details or if you are interested dm me on forum, then we will move to Discord for faster communication.

Thanks for reading my post. I hope we can create better tomorrow for KSP players :D

Londek

Edited by Londek

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.