JNSQ-KSRGAP - Flight Contracts for Trans Kerbin Airlines under a bigger sky.

Caerfinon

YrXZTBk.png

Overview

Port of the Kerbin Side Remastered GAP Contract Pack for Flights to the JNSQ environment.

Current version: v1.0.0

License: MIT

Where to get it:

Install:

• place directory JNSQ-KSRGAP and all sub directories and files in your Gamedata/ContractPacks directory (Create if it does not already exist)

Thanks and Acknowledgements:

Change Log

Spoiler

Version v1.0.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.1 Released on 2021-07-08

• Adds support for the TSC Airport in KSC Extended v3.0

Version v1.0.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.11.2 Released on 2021-05-02

• Initial release

Edited by Caerfinon
added Discord

2 hours ago, CHEEKYMONKEY6 said:

also any other mods by u that are coming out??

I have two others, but they are for stock Kerbin with Kerbin Side Remastered

https://spacedock.info/mod/2573/Kerbin Side Remastered GAP - flight contracts

https://spacedock.info/mod/2685/Kerbin Side Remastered Gap Extras - additional landing strips and harbours

I do have plans for future contract packs,  just still on the drawing board though.

2 hours ago, CHEEKYMONKEY6 said:

im just gonna go cus i didnt fly safe ooof!!!

any landing you can walk away from is a good one.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Seems to be the same thing by someone else

Yes, This is a direct port of Inigma's original GAP progression missions, Rescue missions, and Airline flights. 

I was asked by some individuals to port the KSRGAP airline flights to JNSQ because of the integration with navigation tools, the progression of airport discovery and the use of taxiways to reach Airport Terminal locations in each KK airport supported. I purposely left out the rescue missions from my original mod as it would have been an overlap. 

Both mods can be run side by side without conflict.

• 1 month later...

JNSQ-KSRGAP has not been tested against the most recent upgrade to JNSQ. Parts of it may work, but right now it is not certified for Version 0.10.0. I will need to spool up a new JNSQ instance to test it and correct it if necessary.   

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Grimmas said:

I should not also have the regular GAP contract pack installed?

If you are talking about the Original GAP then no don't install that as the missions are tied to stock Kerbin. 

If you are talking about the "GAP for JNSQ" mod then feel free to have that installed along side mine. There should be no conflicts. 

• 1 year later...

@CaerfinonSo I'm trying to figure out this mod... I haven't used KK before either. I flew to the Boneyard and landed. OK but now I can't spawn there. Some of the new sites are listed in the editor green launch button pull-down menu, but aren't new ones supposed to show up there when they're discovered? I hope so because JNSQ Kerbin is freaking huge. 

EDIT: Oh now I think I get it... all is revealed by doing the contracts

Spoiler

I did the certification flight, now I got a contract to go to the boneyard to negotiate landing rights. OK I'll see what happens.

Edit2: None of the new bases worked without Omega's Stockalike Structures. Could you add that to the requirements in the OP and CKAN?

Edit 3: OK I did the first contracts for the boneyard and welcome airfield but I still can't spawn there from the SPH. Hmm...

Edited by Krazy1

4 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

None of the new bases worked without Omega's Stockalike Structures

This contract pack includes no KK assets. It was written to support JNSQ version 0.9.0. If later changes to JNSQ require Omega's mod then that's a JNSQ issue. 

4 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

but I still can't spawn there from the SPH

Spawning at a KK base requires that the base be "opened" in KK. This can be done in SPH/VAB with the KK base manager, or by landing at the base and opening by clicking on the KK icon. The contracts serve only to get you to the airport, but do not alter the KK status of open/closed. There is generally a cost to open a base. 

Alternatively, you can change the difficulty settings and set all KK bases as open and then you should be able to launch from any of them.  

I've done initial contracts for several airports now and a few commuter contracts. I'm stuck on S24A landing rights. I accepted 2 contracts, one for island and welcome island passengers and also the S24A landing rights. I tried to do the S24A first, but I couldn't figure out which 2 tourists to bring... 2 random ones didn't acknowledge I met the requirement. It would be nice if they had an itinerary. So then I ran the other contract with all the tourists, including 2 extra for S24A for a joyride. When approaching Island Airfield I got 2 messages: cleared to land and cleared to take off, but it completed correctly otherwise. Now for S24A, I got cleared to take off and I landed at S24A but got no ATC clearance to land and the terminal marker does not show (just the airport waypoint at the big antenna). I went to the terminal area by the SPH but it didn't trigger anything. Any workaround?  I tried viewing KSC and back to the plane at S24A but no change.

30 minutes ago, Krazy1 said:

Any workaround? 

With the number of passengers per flight it is better to use the Contract Configurator Load passengers feature. Don't load the tourists in the SPH. Rather load only the crew in a aircraft that meets the mission requirements and then launch that plane on the runway. Contract configurator will present you with a dialog box showing the available flights to load passengers for. Select the one you want and then the correct passengers will be loaded. 

If you have the wrong passengers for the mission, it cannot complete. 

If you load more than one group of passengers on a flight to complete 2 missions at the same time you will get random confirmation dialog boxes but the missions should complete.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using the contract configurator to load passengers now and that has been working nicely. But I'm seeing orange errors on the screen and now I flew to the correct airport with the right passengers (this one is to negotiate landing rights at YG) and I didn't get cleared to land, the marker at the terminal doesn't appear and it won't progress when I'm parked at the YG ramp where I assume the marker should be. I could finish it and cheat it complete but thought I'd report it.

I think the error happens when I do something unusual. This time I spawned the plane and left it on the KSC runway and went to KSC overview (I think that's when the orange errors appeared) then I recovered the plane, went to MI, accepted a new contract, went to SPH, launched the plane again, loaded the pax on the runway again and flew. Something like that.

Here's the most obvious error:

[ContractParameter] - Call to OnUpdate failed System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractVesselTracker+<>c__DisplayClass23_0.<GetAssociatedKeys>b__0 (System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2[TKey,TValue] p) [0x00007] in <7cf636bf2f2f4038af6634d8e4f57459>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2[TSource,TResult].MoveNext () [0x00037] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractVesselTracker+<GetAssociatedKeys>d__23.MoveNext () [0x000c5] in <7cf636bf2f2f4038af6634d8e4f57459>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereEnumerableIterator`1[TSource].MoveNext () [0x0004e] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source) [0x00015] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.Duration.OnUpdate () [0x000de] in <7cf636bf2f2f4038af6634d8e4f57459>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractParameter.Update () [0x00053] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0  
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

KSP log

Player log

10 hours ago, Krazy1 said:
[ContractParameter] - Call to OnUpdate failed System.NullReferenceException

These are Contract Configurator errors.  It often loses track of vessels. 

There is a particular bug in CC that when generating waypoints it can sometime put them in the wrong location. Check for contract offered waypoints in the tracking station display and see it the terminal waypoint is at a completely different location from where it should be. 

In these cases I advise using the ALT-F12 menu to manually complete these contracts otherwise you need to edit very complex things in the persistent.sfs file to correct it. 

15 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

These are Contract Configurator errors.  It often loses track of vessels. 

OK thanks. So I did Alt-F12 to finish that YG landing rights contract after flying back to KSC... but now YG is completely gone... vanished. I looked all over Kerbin in the tracking station and changed view settings in the KK menu. I can see the all the other sites. 

10 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

but now YG is completely gone... vanished.

That's a weird KK issue. Best try to reinstall the KK statics for YG from the JNSQ install archive. The directory is \GameData\JNSQ\JNSQ_Configs\KK\YGagarin  

11 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

Best try to reinstall the KK statics for YG from the JNSQ install archive. The directory is \GameData\JNSQ\JNSQ_Configs\KK\YGagarin  

Not quite sure what to do...  I installed with CKAN. The JNSQ release on Github lists all the folders and files but I don't see a way to download them singly. Do I have to download the whole 1.9 GB for these config files? Seems silly. Anyway, I saw this: 

and I'm not sure if I did that so I did it and GY is still missing. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.