Would it be possible to make asteroids have gravity?

I was doing an asteroid mission and was really annoyed by the fact that asteroids don't have gravity. I know that an asteroid would only have a few hundredths of a gee, but it would make moving around it much easier. I don't know if there would be a way to add gravity, maybe kopernicus?

A good suggestion. I’m not sure why they don’t actually (only 2.5 reasons I can think of is (1) too much memory usage with additional calculations for each plus their effects on other bodies (although pretty minimal as you say) or (2) it was deemed too much work (I think they were originally part of an event?) so was quicker/more reliable to get them out without gravity (2.5) like 2 but because gravity would be so low it was pointless adding it and all the work it entailed.

If we can work out why, it’d be easier to fix with a mod I think.

4 minutes ago, FruitGoose said:

A good suggestion. I’m not sure why they don’t actually (only 2.5 reasons I can think of is (1) too much memory usage with additional calculations for each plus their effects on other bodies (although pretty minimal as you say) or (2) it was deemed too much work (I think they were originally part of an event?) so was quicker/more reliable to get them out without gravity (2.5) like 2 but because gravity would be so low it was pointless adding it and all the work it entailed.

If we can work out why, it’d be easier to fix with a mod I think.

I thought custom asteroids might do this but it doesn't appear too. Also I did some math, the surface gravity on a 100m diameter, 4000 tonne Class E, the surface gravity would be 0.000000106 m/s2, so never mind:D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.