mod not working. (abandoned please dont respond)

22 minutes ago, icantthink said:

so i got tweakscale and it says get ksp recall so i got ksp recall put the mod file of both of the mod in gamedata. then spacex ksp told me to download module manager 4.0.2 or newer and i got 4.1.3 and put the mod file in gamedata tweakscale still not working any reasons why its not? 

Nope.  Insufficient data.  You could start with some details, such as a screenshot of your gamedata folder, KSP version, mod versions etc.

The bulk of "mod not working"  are either using mods not compatible with the version of KSP running, or "installed" wrong.  the mod path under gamedata is very particular.  You cannot rename folders, or move them around for example.  Or another common error is when the zip has a gamedata folder so you end up with a gamedata\gamedata\mod folder issue.

11 hours ago, icantthink said:

so i got tweakscale and it says get ksp recall so i got ksp recall put the mod file of both of the mod in gamedata. then spacex ksp told me to download module manager 4.0.2 or newer and i got 4.1.3 and put the mod file in gamedata tweakscale still not working any reasons why its not? 

1. Did you put the mod files of tweakscale and ksp recall into GameData or the folders 999_KSP-Recall, TweakScale and __LOCAL?
2. ModuleManager 4.1.4 is the neweset one
3. Is Tweakscale not working for the SpaceX-mod (which SpaceX-mod?) or for stock parts too? Because: there are not configs for all mods included so Tweakscale don`t work with every part. But you can write your own config easily.
4. This is not the right place to ask for problems with mods. You should go to here:
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/70-technical-support-pc-modded-installs/
or post it in the thread of the mod which is causing issues (Tweakscale).

Edited by Cheesecake

8 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

1. Did you put the mod files of tweakscale and ksp recall into GameData or the folders 999_KSP-Recall, TweakScale and __LOCAL?
2. ModuleManager 4.1.4 is the neweset one
3. Is Tweakscale not working for the SpaceX-mod (which SpaceX-mod?) or for stock parts too? Because: there are not configs for all mods included so Tweakscale don`t work with every part. But you can write your own config easily.
4. This is not the right place to ask for problems with mods. You should go to here:
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/70-technical-support-pc-modded-installs/
or post it in the thread of the mod which is causing issues (Tweakscale).

i may have misspelled something but spacex ksp the guy that does every spacex mission in ksp he told me to download module manager module manager is working tho and no i dont have _local in my gamedata and i dont know how to get _local

Edited by icantthink

7 minutes ago, icantthink said:

i may have misspelled something but spacex ksp the guy that does every spacex mission in ksp he told me to download module manager module manager is working tho and no i dont have _local in my gamedata and i dont know how to get _local

Please read all replies and submit the requested information.  Nothing you have posted yet gives enough to make any assessment other than random guesses.

4 hours ago, icantthink said:

ModuleManager is working but it isn`t the newest one. So the first thing is to download ModuleManager 4.1.4 instead of 4.1.3.
Second thing is: Here is the newest version of Tweakscale and this includes your missing _local folder. There is also a ModuleManager Watchdog folder and two other files which must be copied into GameData.
I think you downloaded an old version of Tweakscale where this folders wasn`t included long time ago.
So please make sure you have the newest version of mods in your GameData, matching your KSP-version.

For future issues please read this post first:

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

ModuleManager is working but it isn`t the newest one. So the first thing is to download ModuleManager 4.1.4 instead of 4.1.3.
Second thing is: Here is the newest version of Tweakscale and this includes your missing _local folder. There is also a ModuleManager Watchdog folder and two other files which must be copied into GameData.
I think you downloaded an old version of Tweakscale where this folders wasn`t included long time ago.
So please make sure you have the newest version of mods in your GameData, matching your KSP-version.

i downloaded the one that works with 1.11.2 (my version) and there is no _local

Edited by icantthink

1 hour ago, icantthink said:

Sorry but you give us no infos, logs or anything. Please read "How to get support". The version which works in 1.11.2 HAS this folders and files for sure. Here you go:

Tweakscale 2.4.5.0 is the newest one.
So you cannot have the "the one that works with 1.11.2".

1 hour ago, icantthink said:

11 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Sorry but you give us no infos, logs or anything. Please read "How to get support". The version which works in 1.11.2 HAS this folders and files for sure. Here you go:

On 5/2/2021 at 3:07 PM, goldenpsp said:

Nope.  Insufficient data.  You could start with some details, such as a screenshot of your gamedata folder, KSP version, mod versions etc.

You've been asked for more information now by multiple people.  Nobody can help you without at least a basic amount of information.

Well, sorry about your experience. But, as people said above, without further information not even me (TweakScale maintainer) can help.

If you installed it using CKAN, and it didn't worked, reach CKAN guys first - I don't use CKAN myself, but last time I tested it (a couple months ago, I think), things worked as expected.

If you installed it using CurseForge, I would like to have feedback about. I can't test the CurseForge install, so I'm flying blind on this - the Curse Installer don't knows how to handle Steam. :( So I will need some help if the problem is, indeed, the CurseForge installer.

If you did a manual install, then you didn't read the INSTALL.md instructions. There's a file called 999_Scale_Redist.dll that must be copied into the GameData folder (on the same place ModuleManager.dll is). It's a limitation on KSP >= 1.8 that would bork when more than one copy of Scale_Redist is found on the system, what rendered the Redist concept useless. So I need to shove the Scale Redist on a place where it would be found and loaded before any DLL that would use it, and the GameData is the only place where I can be absolutely sure of this.

Edited by Lisias
Yep, moar tyops!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.