The (unofficial) history of the kerbolar system.

Minmus Taster

A guide to the history of Kerbin.

FF  = First Flight

BFF = Before First Flight

AFF = After First Flight

Ancient times.

4,000,000,000 BFF: Kerbol and Jool are formed from a cloud of gas and dust from a nebula.

3,800,000,000 BFF: Eve forms.

3,840,530,000 BFF: Kerbin forms.

3,781,000,000 BFF: Duna and Ike are born and are captured by each other into a binary.

3,640,000,000 BFF: Moho forms from the remaining debris, in an orbit between Kerbin and Duna.

350,000,000 BFF: Eeloo and Minmus form.

320,000,000 BFF: Early life on Kerbin begins.

326,000,000 BFF: Duna becomes habitable

324,000,000 BFF: Jool migrates outwards sending hundreds of thousands of comets towards the inner system, one of the comets dubbed "Rega" Slams into Kerbin wiping out all life, however the comet delivered vast amounts of extra water and life started over an unknown amount of time later, the debris formed the Mun.

290,000,000 BFF: Kerbalkind is born on Kerbin in what is now the desert they faced many perils including numerous comet impacts but endured it all.

287,000,000 BFF: Eve is habitable.

285,000,000: Duna becomes uninhabitable.

284,000,000 BFF: The first readable manuscript was created titled "The weird gray ball in the sky" pondered what exactly the Mun was and why couldn't Kerbals reach it.

This is the actual transcript:

What is that weird ball in the sky*? why does it remind me of a cow? or cheese? I'm so confused.....Why can't I touch it if it's right above me? and what are those weird dots in the sky**? they are very pretty but what are they? I need to take a nap...

*Mun

**Stars

240,000,000 BFF: Astronomers noticed a strange outpouring coming from Moho most likely a collision or explosion, this pushed Moho out of it's orbit, it arrived at Eve and just barley missed a collision, flying into the orbit we see today, a couple months later when the kerbals checked Eve they saw a small dot moving around it which would be named "Gilly" the asteroid moon used to orbit Moho as debris from the explosion before Eve captured it, but before kerbals knew asteroids were a thing they thought Moho had given Eve a gift and so Kerbins first "viral ship" was born.

210,000,000 BFF: Pliny Kerman the first known scholar guy wrights books was born, as a child he witnessed a large volcanic eruption which buried a town named "Kerpaii" he made sure to document his experience and then decided to publish it, after it became a hit he kept writing and went on to make some of the greatest books ever including: "AI", "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA", and of course "Were all gonna die".

190,000,000 BFF: Minmus is pushed out of it's orbit in the outer solar system by Jool as it migrates out a SECOND time and it becomes the largest comet ever viewed by kerbalkind as it begins melting, the tail reportedly filled the nighttime sky and was so bright it gave the Kerbals some serious sleeping problems,, the comet would appear every few years.

180,000,000: Astronomers noticed a bright light coming from Eve presumably the giant impact event that left Eve uninhabitable, the asteroid or comet was made of toxic Explodium and it smothered Eve under a greenhouse blanket.

180,000,000-90,000,000 BFF: Nothing of particular interest happens in this amount of time, there was an asteroid impact every once in awhile but nothing to substantial.

90,000,000 BFF: The oldest living kerbal Vince kerman is born.

(More coming soon)

Edited by Minmus Taster

36 minutes ago, minerbat said:

i think that kerbals existing for 290 million years is weird and doesn't make any sense. but it's still a cool timeline though

Yeah me to, TBH this is kind of a rough draft for a video series I plan on doing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.