Space Shuttles! Post your pictures here

Welcome everyone! I opened this thread for the freedom of uploading the pictures of and discussing the space shuttles that you have made. Stable space shuttles are hard to build, especially if the 'Vector" nozzles are being used. So I thought of creating this thread for you to upload the pictures of your space shuttles or even .craft files to let others see how your shuttles look like. You have the freedom to post your own space shuttle designs, or replicas, mods are allowed, it's just important that you upload shuttle pictures. Screenshots can be taken by using the F1 key on your keyboard while in KSP. Using the F2 key before taking a screenshot is recommended to disable the UI and show the beauty of your picture. You can also link to a YouTube video for the whole mission with your craft. I can't wait to see your amazing space shuttles!

Edited by ShuttlePilot

Don’t they pretty much all look the same though? Unlike rockets etc there are only a low number of combinations of parts in stock that will work and with mods you’re tied to the parts in the mod.

5 hours ago, ShuttlePilot said:

Stable space shuttles are hard to build, especially if the 'Vector" noozles are being used

Shouldn't that be "*aren't* being used"? The Vector's gimbal means you don't have to worry about CoT aligning with CoM quite as much - and in situations where it's too powerful... well that's what the throttle control is for lol.

Also, I love a good *noozle*.

Edited by MR L A

1 hour ago, FruitGoose said:

Don’t they pretty much all look the same though? Unlike rockets etc there are only a low number of combinations of parts in stock that will work and with mods you’re tied to the parts in the mod.

I thin that you misunderstood me. Shuttles can be shaped whatever you want, they can have any engine you want, it just has to have wings and an external tank.

16 hours ago, dellpacker said:

tragically the shuttle ran out of fuel so i had to send another spacecraft to rescue the crew

Oh shoot. Not good, I recommend not to make a new shuttle launch for a absurd price, but instead launch a simple rocket with monopropellant packed as cargo. Also looks like your orbit is a little bit too high, so I think that's the reason you got stuck.

Good work. Reminds me of STS-1 Columbia.

33 minutes ago, Max von Kerman said:

i mean how do u even put pictures?

Easy, just follow these steps:

1. Post the screenshot to a image hosting website like imgur.com (that's because KSP Forums do not host images).

2. When you're done uploading, then right click the image and select "Copy image adress".

3. Ctrl+V the image on the forums.

4. Wait.

5. Profit!

Edited by ShuttlePilot

On 5/4/2021 at 5:31 AM, ShuttlePilot said:

Oh shoot. Not good, I recommend not to make a new shuttle launch for a absurd price, but instead launch a simple rocket with monopropellant packed as cargo. Also looks like your orbit is a little bit too high, so I think that's the reason you got stuck.

Good work. Reminds me of STS-1 Columbia.

it had to go to 400km where the space station was, and it had an unusually heavy cargo so i didn't fill up the OMS to max

36 minutes ago, Lewie said:

This belongs in the Spacecraft exchange....

Why though, specify the reason? I'm not asking purely for .craft files. I mainly want some nice images from some nice missions for some nice positive emotions. I enjoy looking at other spacecraft. So nice to drink some coffee at 7AM and watch your awesome creations guys. We seriously need more posts right there! Come on people, post your missions with shuttles.

7 hours ago, ShuttlePilot said:

Why though, specify the reason? I'm not asking purely for .craft files. I mainly want some nice images from some nice missions for some nice positive emotions. I enjoy looking at other spacecraft. So nice to drink some coffee at 7AM and watch your awesome creations guys. We seriously need more posts right there! Come on people, post your missions with shuttles.

I’m not dissing on you or anything, it’s a fine idea. 

But the spacecraft exchange exists for that sole purpose: posting and sharing craft. 

Edited by Lewie

7 hours ago, ShuttlePilot said:

I started my, post nice plane pictures on this forum and got moved by moderator to spacecraft exchange. So it won't be long.

7 hours ago, ColdJ said:

I started my, post nice plane pictures on this forum and got moved by moderator to spacecraft exchange. So it won't be long.

So, I'd just better do it manually than letting moderators leave their footprints on this thread.

But how? Or it's unchangeable?

Edited by ShuttlePilot

I think only mods have the power to shift the whole thing. The moderator Val oversees Spacecraft exchange, so could just ask nicely in a PM. Though any moderator will do. Or just wait until 1 of them notices.

Hopefully I'll be posting this in the shuttle challenge thread this weekend. I call it the delta shuttle. It needs a lot of wing area since I've got to deorbit and land a 40 ton payload as part of the challenge.

0Gm2n4E.png

5 hours ago, xub313 said:

Hopefully I'll be posting this in the shuttle challenge thread this weekend. I call it the delta shuttle. It needs a lot of wing area since I've got to deorbit and land a 40 ton payload as part of the challenge.

0Gm2n4E.png

do you have no tail fins?

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.